Meshing Question Anim8or face illumination issue

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Every now and again in anim8or a face or two will have an odd shadowing pattern, as if they're on the other side of the mesh. Exporting to .msh and viewing in Orbiter shows the same thing. (See attachment, such faces are present on both the body and canopy but are less visible on the latter.)

Is there any method of fixing these faces without having to redo the entire model? (Which I really, really don't want to do).

Last edited:

liber

Reaction score
Website
www.bw.org
Don't know did I catch it right but in anim8tor you have option:

Edit => Flip normal

This reverse front and back faces,if is not turn proper in Orbiter you could see inside of mesh insted out.
Possible coping same object and past at same position than flip to get solid look from inside and out.

Dig Gil

LearninProgram,Slackin DigTech
Reaction score
Website
dig-orbiter.blogspot.com
This reverse front and back faces,if is not turn proper in Orbiter you could see inside of mesh insted out... [interrupted by me]

Excuse me my rudeness for interrupting your speech, but it's supposed to show right in Orbiter when it shows right in Anim8or! If not (for some reason out of my scope) then use MeshWizard by Ar81. Anyway, instead of flipping the faces in Anim8or, you could correct that in MeshWizard...

liber

Reaction score
Website
www.bw.org
Excuse me my rudeness for interrupting your speech, but it's supposed to show right in Orbiter when it shows right in Anim8or! If not (for some reason out of my scope) then use MeshWizard by Ar81. Anyway, instead of flipping the faces in Anim8or, you could correct that in MeshWizard...

You might think that it show right in anim8tor because it's really hard to see differences betwen front and back faces.Thay have slighty diferent colour in ani. but ani. light might cast confusion with back and front.