Problem Antinormal

Nigel Barker

Reaction score
I have Orbiter 2016. Whenever I try to use the Antinormal autopilot it rolls the craft and then proceeds to shake and splutter. It never settles to the desired position. Having looked at some of the beginner videos their autopilot seems to be very smooth and finally settles in position. Mine never does that.

Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Nigel

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Which spacecraft and scenario are you using there?

How are your FPS?

Nigel Barker

Reaction score
I’ve been using 2 scenarios. “Delta-Glider/DGS ready for take off” and “DeltaGliderIV/Earth Scenery/Landed KCS departure to ISS”. I have flown the latter both manually and with the autopilot. I have both an Intel onboard graphics chip and a Nvidea Geforce card. Obviously the higher frame rates are with the Nvidea card and are static at 144 fps. Having two MDFs up makes no difference.

My machine specs are Asus ROG Zephyrus GM501GM, Intel i7 processor, 16Gb, Solid State Harddisk and Nvidea Geforce GTX 1060 with 6GB Ram

Thanks

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Do you have any additional MFD's? This stuttering can be caused by fighting autopilots.

STS

Reaction score
Website
orbisondas.es
Are you time warping while having an autopilot (antinormal or any other one) engaged?

Nigel Barker

Reaction score
I had Interplanetary MFD and Launch MFD installed neither of which I've used. Obviously I am using the Align Plane MFD. Subsequently I've added Basesync and Aerobrake. I have no autopilots running.

If I ignore the stuttering I can get "near enough" to ultimately get to the ISS which I've docked with 5 or 6 times.

Perhaps I just have to put up with it.

Thanks

Nigel

Nigel Barker

Reaction score
No both Normal and Antinormal stutter. Prograde and Retrograde however are rock steady

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
No both Normal and Antinormal stutter. Prograde and Retrograde however are rock steady

Strange. Are you firing any thrusters while normal or antinormal, for example by a joystick throttle with lacking deadband?

Nigel Barker

Reaction score
I haven't used a joystick to get to the ISS. I've added one now so I can land when I return to KSC

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I haven't used a joystick to get to the ISS. I've added one now so I can land when I return to KSC

OK... but the behaviour stays like that when you run the scenario with only the standard Orbiter MFDs, without add-ons?

I wonder if you could use the flight recorder feature of Orbiter for getting some telemetry while the autopilot is acting anomalous.