Apollo 10 Rendezvous P30 Marks?

Sloppyphan

Reaction score
Well making progress here finally.

I have made it the start of rev. DOI and 1st Phasing were ok, still getting used to that manual throttle startup. Post Phasing I had a good stand alone P20 with 4 marks taken, then a solid P52. Then back into P20

When I did the(2nd) P20 required prior to the P30, I didn't get a mnvr request, it just auto locked on signal and light when out and DSKY stayed blank the whole time. I figured that just meant I was in a good position to lock on.

So now in the P30, Load tig and DV fine, got a good N42, still show a 4 on the signal meter and light is out (LGC mode). However in V16N45 the mark counter is staying all balls, so it doesn't seem to be taking marks. I am assuming I need them to continue to Insertion Pad?

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Maybe the Checklist MFD is missing that, but in the flight plan it says to do a "V81 (Before 1st Mark)". The three verbs that control the state vector updating in P20 are:

V80: Update LM State Vector
V81: Update CSM State Vector
V95: Inhibit State Vector Update

Maybe that does it. Should do it with a good lock-on. DSKY being blank in P20 is essentially what you want, as you are running P20 and P30 (or P32-35) at the same time and want to be able to see the P3X displays.

Sloppyphan

Reaction score
Thanks, that was it, it is in checklist, I either missed it the first time or went to fast and the comp didn't read it so to speak.

Also after the 4 marks, I do the V93 for the W-matrix and it seems it needed a V81 again after that for it to start taking marks again for the next 11 per checklist. Or does the V93 take a while and I was impatient?

The LEM makes the CSM seem so easy.

Last edited: