Question Apollo11 descent video?

jumpjack

Reaction score
Is it available somewhere a simulated video showing how lights and indicators on the the dashboard of LM-5 evolved during Apollo 11 PDI? Something I could sync with the audio of the various calls: "altitude/velocity light", "quantity light", "contact light",....

I found a lot of video created using a simulator... but all of them show somebody playing with the simulator himself; I'd need instead a auto-played simulation, based on actual telemetries,which are available here:
https://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/nasa58040.pdf

They are partial, but they can be easily interpolated. I'm gonna do that... unless somebody already did it.

I also found this video, based on a GoogleEarth KMZ file... but I can't find the file itself:

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com
That's an interesting idea. If you come up with something I can add it to my version of the landing video.
Even something as simple as a timeline can be effective (check my GEMINI 2 Reentry video).

Last edited:

jumpjack

Reaction score
That's an interesting idea. If you come up with something I can add it to my version of the landing video.
Even something as simple as a timeline can be effective (check my GEMINI 2 Reentry video).

Which version?

jumpjack

Reaction score
For now I only added some "emphasis sound" to aninteresting ALSJ video:

I don't know if there were also audible alarms onboard, but adding them to the video makes it a little more clear how critical was the situation.
I added sounds for 1202, 1201, 60s fuel, 30s fuel and contact light.

I removed altitude data and "LANDED" text from the original video because they were erroneously synchronized (from contact light to actual landing, actually 3-4 seconds elapses).