Question Application Apollo addon

richfororbit

Reaction score
Hi there,

I tried the addon released a couple of years ago called Application Apollo. I'm able to place the module on the surface of the moon using the scenario editor and it doesn't freez while doing so.

So my probem is, the landing module doesn't work, the thrusters don't fire etc. Only the other historic space craft works.

orbitingpluto

Orbiteer
Reaction score
It sounds like your talking about Project Apollo NASSP, at least as far as one vessel not working, but by saying Application Apollo, it sound like your talking about [ame="http://orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=6101"]a different Apollo addon[/ame], one that actually has 'Applications' in it's name.

Having to guess at what you actually mean puts up an immediate roadblock to someone helping you with your problem. Help us, help you: take 2 minutes, figure out what addon your having problems with, and tell us the name of it. Otherwise, we could be applying our energies to fix an addon your not even using.

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
If it is either of the add-ons that orbitingpluto mentioned, then you need to read the manual. No seriously, read the manual.

It's not bug, it's a feature. Both model the historic spacecraft systems, such that you can't just fire the engines like you can with a delta glider. You might have to arm the engines, or pressurize the fuel lines, or whatever. I'm not sure, but I am sure that it is in the manual. So read it.

richfororbit

Reaction score
It is the second one, the guide states nothing about that Module. I can't do anything with translation or rotation.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
It is the second one, the guide states nothing about that Module. I can't do anything with translation or rotation.

Look, there are some manuals of Orbiter.

And if you install a third-party add-on, there is usually also a manual for that add-on.

Post a link to the download location of that add-on, I can prove it exists.

richfororbit

Reaction score
I know it exists, the point is it hasn't explained the detail to get the module working. It is a basic outline.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I mean this in the best possible intentions and respect: please stop calling it "the Module". All components of the Apollo space vehicle are modules (Command Module, Service Module and Lunar Module). So you see it is hard to know which one you mean.

Key to speedy help and assistance is to be specific. If you're vague and use generic names like "the Module", it forces us to make guesses helping no one, especially not you. Same thing goes when mentioning an add-on. The add-on's full name as well as the version number are key to a speedy resolution of a problem.

The sooner you learn this the better for all of us.

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
If you look in the Doc folder, you will see both "LM Cockpit Guide.rtf" AND "Spider Lunar Module Readme.rtf". I will quote the latter in full with bold added by me:

Code:
"Spider" Lunar Excursion Module
A custom vessel addon for Orbiter 2010

Flying the LEM:
The VC: 
	The virtual cockit is the Orbinaut's primary method for controlling and monotoring spacecraft status and subsystems. Buttons, Switches and other active area can be manipulated by the mouse. As a rule of thumb left-clicking will flip a switch up or move a dial to the right and right-clicking will flip it down or move it to the left.
Main Propulsion System:
	The main propulsion system (MPS) consists of two Stages; the Descent Stage and the Ascent Stage. Both are controled by Orbiter's default "Hover" keys ([0] and [.] on your computer's numpad) and by an array of switches in the lower left corner of Panel 1.
	[B]To fire the MPS pressurize the proppelant and oxidizer feed lines by opening their respective pressure regulator valves, and then select the appropriate engine using the "ENG ARM" switch.[/B] The MPS can be secured by pressing the "Kill Thrust" button ([*] on your numpad) or by moving the "ENG ARM" switch to "SAFE" and closing the propellant and oxidizer flow valves.
NOTE: In normal operation the Descent Stage throttle is restricted to values between 10% to 90%. The Ascent Stage is not throttlable and will continue to burn at 100% until it is shut down or propellant has been expended.
Reaction Control System:
	The RCS is made up of 16 thrusters seperated into two independent subsystems (A and B) consisting of eight thrusters each. Under normal conditions, the two systems function together. However, even functioning alone, either RCS system is capable of steering the spacecraft.
	The RCS system is controled by Numpad/Joystick inputs from the Orbinaut and by a four rows of four switches on the left side of Panel 2. [B]The top row of switches controls the RCS fuel and oxidizer shut of valves. These switches enable/disable flow of propellant and O2 from the primary RCS tanks to the syestem A and B manifolds.[/B] The middle two rows of switches control allow individual thruster quads to be turned on and off. The final row of switches controls the propellant crossfeed valves, allowing the individual RCS subsystems to draw propellant either from each-other or from the Ascent Stage propellant tanks.    

NOTE: [B]Ascent engine feed lines must be pressurized for RCS to draw from the Ascent stage tanks.[/B]