General Question Questions about add-ons

Kalnon

Reaction score
Hello, I have a few questions regarding mods. I am 'mostly' new at Orbiter, I played around with it years ago a little bit but didn't go much farther. I recently discovered Reentry and am having lots of fun which made me want to give Orbiter another try.

1. What are must have add-ons or mods for Oribter to have a good basic experience? I have the DX9 module and RXSound add-on from the main site but I'm wondering if there's other must have's?

2. How do older add-ons (made for pre 2016 Orbiter release) work with the latest version of Orbiter? Are most compatible?

3. I want to be able to fly the Mercury, Gemini and Apollo spacecraft in Orbiter and I also want to have more realistic space shuttle Atlantis to fly. Can someone point me to the best mods for these things? I checked out the old Project Mercury, Project Gemini and Project Apollo add-ons but I was wondering if there's anything better now? I did see a Project Mercury X but it says there's no virtual cockpit which is a big bummer for me but that's all I could find.

4. Also regarding Apollo, I recall way back then that there was an effort to remake the Apollo spacecraft which was in Beta back then and far from finished. Can anyone tell me the status of this project?

Thanks you

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
The Apollo add-on is sadly suffering from quality issues. Last time I launched the Saturn V, my house as not blown from the foundations. Also they just can't get the smell of moon soil right. And the lower right screw on panel F192 is still offset by 0.032 inches. Otherwise, its quite OK.

Kalnon

Reaction score
The Apollo add-on is sadly suffering from quality issues. Last time I launched the Saturn V, my house as not blown from the foundations. Also they just can't get the smell of moon soil right. And the lower right screw on panel F192 is still offset by 0.032 inches. Otherwise, its quite OK.

Hahaha, now that's funny! Thanks for the quick reply. Where can I find it? From what I remember it had to be downloaded somewhere else (I don't see it on this site).

Edit: Nevermind I found it, thanks :)

Kalnon

Reaction score
Dang it won't let me download it now. I don't have enough street cred here yet lol

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
There are development builds on github, that you can use. Of course, you should not expect those to be a full and throughly tested official release, they are automatically build, tested and packaged. But I didn't notice a bug in the past 3 years.

Kalnon

Reaction score