Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
You mean an Arrow XR :lol:

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Why not just a node? That way you can still close the Arrow's bay and dock some smaller ship in the interior.

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
First iteration of Arrow docking adaptor; the mesh is based off my DG-APAS docking adaptor. Three ports, one to connect to the Arrow, one left open for any vehicle to dock in the bay, and one to dock with whatever external craft (space station, space colony, another Arrow, High Velocity Failurecraft, etc).

Arrow dock isn't textured yet (that's why it's a red block :rolleyes:), and I'm not sure whether the spare internal port (DG dedicated port) and the APAS (for docking to external craft) should remain, or if I should replace either or both with some sort of generic dock.

I thought it'd be a funny in-joke if developers used the new IDSS on their fictional vessels where possible, so we would also have a 'docking standard' within Orbiter. :cheers:

Last edited:

NukeET

Gen 1:1
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
First iteration of Arrow docking adaptor; the mesh is based off my DG-APAS docking adaptor. Three ports, one to connect to the Arrow, one left open for any vehicle to dock in the bay, and one to dock with whatever external craft (space station, space colony, another Arrow, High Velocity Failurecraft, etc).

Arrow dock isn't textured yet (that's why it's a red block :rolleyes:), and I'm not sure whether the spare internal port (DG dedicated port) and the APAS (for docking to external craft) should remain, or if I should replace either or both with some sort of generic dock.

I thought it'd be a funny in-joke if developers used the new IDSS on their fictional vessels where possible, so we would also have a 'docking standard' within Orbiter. :cheers:

Nice job and quick adaptation of another mesh! Where does one find the original docking adapter?

Thought of animating it so the long external port end rotates so that it fits within the Arrow docking bay?

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
APAS-DG_dockingadaptor.JPG

My own mesh, just adapted the docking ports quickly, no point in remaking what I already have.

Not yet released, but development is essentially complete.

With my non-existent coding skills, I doubt animating it would be possible, unfortunately. In which way did you imagine it rotating so that it could fit in the cargo bay?

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I'm failing to see how such a large, rigid structure, could be contained in a 1.3x1.3x1.3 crate... :uhh:

docking01.jpg

:cheers:

Sorry about that typo. I was in a hurry :)

Last edited:

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him

Stevodoran

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
HAL9001 made somthing to bring the shuttle the moon out of dragonfly parts:
attachment.php

Should work for ISS.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Coming to think of it, it could seem pretty short-sighted of Dan not to add an external port to the Arrow, but it's very understandable considering that it is still in relatively early stages of development. A docking port on the nose would presumably have some sort of petal system (like that on the DG) to unfurl it from whatever aerodynamic surface the vehicle has. In the meantime though, adding a non-visual docking port on the nose of the Arrow might be a good idea.

Whilst the Arrow has a lot of delta-V I've been thinking that adding a Docking port to the nose makes a lot of sense, especially if you want to have a deployable aeroshield system that can jettison - a nose docking port is perfect for that sort of setup.

Mandella

Space Cultist
Donator
Reaction score
Coming to think of it, it could seem pretty short-sighted of Dan not to add an external port to the Arrow, but it's very understandable considering that it is still in relatively early stages of development.

As I understand it, the Arrow was simply supposed to be a proof of concept craft -- it's main purpose was as an alpha testbed carrier for the Universal Cars and Cargo concept. If you look closely, you can also notice that it has no landing pad hatches -- the legs just extend through the hull.

It is a tribute to the talents of the authors that this alpha craft is more finished than some modelers' completed projects!

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
A few questions:

1: Is there any way to unpack a UCGO cargo as a Spacecraft3 vessel?

2: If so, is there a way to pack it again?

3: Can you unpack/pack it if it's a custom dll craft?

And finally 4: Anyone want to code the thing? :lol:

I've made the meshes and the spacecraft.ini.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
A few questions:

1: Is there any way to unpack a UCGO cargo as a Spacecraft3 vessel?

2: If so, is there a way to pack it again?

3: Can you unpack/pack it if it's a custom dll craft?

And finally 4: Anyone want to code the thing? :lol:

I've made the meshes and the spacecraft.ini.
1. Doubtful, but will test.
2. No. (Not just Spacecraft3, but any unpacked vessel without special coding.)
3. Yes.
4. Run!! :leaving:

EDIT: On second thought; it's just a static mesh, right? In that case a config file will do.

Code:
ClassName = Arrow-Adapter
MeshName = [your mesh]
Mass = [????]

BEGIN_DOCKLIST
XXX XXX XXX XXX
XXX XXX XXX XXX
XXX XXX XXX XXX
END_DOCKLIST

Fill in the blanks, or send me the mesh and I'll do it. :thumbup:

Last edited:

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
:cheers:
So I guessed correctly on all four points! :lol:

Bendarr

Reaction score
Mothership. Sorry, I couldn't let that one go.

I dunno. I kinda like the concept of "Othership"

Person A: "Well, we've got this ship, and that ship and an Othership."
Person B: "You mean Mother ship right?"
Person A: "Nah, look at the styling and engineering. It's something other than a normal vessel."

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
It's a fathership then? :lol: