Request Artemis landers

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Looking at suits. I see a lot of differences. I can't tell if the upper part is a hard shell.
Any thoughts, ideas. I bet it will change by the time someone gets to use it.
And not really any different elbow and knees

Attachments

• artemissuitchanges.jpg
    artemissuitchanges.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 6

barrygolden

Reaction score
It looks as if the EVA guys are able to walk down into the crater
the test suit and the Black suit that was shown do look a lot differrent the black suit looked more form fitting. might not make to many changes until we see more . I dont think there will be the chest controls I think a small wrist pad would be more likely maybe an MFD so they could manage the suit but also keep track of the EVA time line and location as well

barrygolden

Reaction score
Oh Wow way cool is there a way to move this crater mesh near the south pole to use as Shackelton ? it might need to be placed a little further north of the true site for getting light and terrain to work right. it wouls be super to see the crater crawler be deployed by Flex then crawl down into the crater but might need lights on it

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Anyone working on the Blue Moon Lander? That is the thing lacking for Artemis V. We have SLS, Orion, Gateway, and LTV for Orbiter

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I thought so. I think on the New Glenn. If the new Glenn was a mesh that could be done. But it is like Space X with the landing gear. Maybe @BrianJ could make one?

francisdrake

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francisdrakex.deviantart.com
0485.jpg

Here is a simple, cfg-file version of the BlueMoon lander. The performance values are estimated. The height is 16 m, the total mass with fuel is 45 ton.
The mesh was made based on two published pictures. A Centaur space tug is included as a docking target.

Attachments

• BlueMoon-00.zip
    916.5 KB · Views: 10

francisdrake

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francisdrakex.deviantart.com
Thanks for pointing me to that!
Still, this orbit is pretty unstable. I reduced the eccentricity to 0.93 with a North-pole periapsis burn. Then the vessel remains for 2-3 orbits, but axis distances, argument of periapsis, etc. drift over time. After two orbits the periapsis rises more and more and the orbit becomes an eject trajectory.
I guess it really would need periodic orbital adjustment, using Gateways' ion thrusters.