Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
One who makes a backup when a new update is out can. :p
Well, if you ride a roller coaster by sneaking into a closed park, don't complain if some rails were removed for maintenance. :)

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
No sign of a wreck on the asteroid, so it must have missed it (I was some 5 km away from the asteroid when it disconnected me). It had a beacon, but it wasn't turned on, due to energy saving.

If a small yellow ship happens to pass near you with a 104.4 m/s speed, it's my miner.

Gerdih

Reaction score
i have seen the new oxygen updates guys :hailprobe:

i will try join you tomorrow to see if the velocity got any better, since I wanted to wait until they develpoted the game a little bit more since I was always getting an annoying huge amount of lag / low fps

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Seems to be on-line.

EDIT: It is on-line, and Gerdih seems to be logged in. :p

Gerdih

Reaction score
yes it is, took long to load. When I got online my legs started to dance around my body and everything was shaking as hell and so slow... seems those problems are increasing for me, hope I dont have to wait more months before I can enjoy the game properly :(

meson800

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Could the server be updated when you can Artlav? :)

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Done.
I'm back home, btw.

Gerdih

Reaction score
Artlav, the other day I visited "Origin point" thats how I call where most players are right now, and spoted enemy ships at 50k. Which made me wonder if the server is not being filled by AI ships again, thus causing lag and slow motion?

Also, if some players are noticing lag or slow motion too, I would vote to reduce the map dimensions to a few hundred kilometers or less if that helps to do the server smoother. If that obligates me to move from my current location its not any problem for me, I just would ask to move a station and two ships.

meson800

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
And out of date again.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Not that i know of.
Server is updated again, should be up in a few minutes.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score

Depending whether the server was installed anonymously using SteamCMD and the app 298740, or not, by using the standard Steam client and the game files (app 244850), for the former it wouldn't help, for the latter it would.

If it was installed with SteamCMD, then the script can be slightly modified the way it still stops the server for the update, but it doesn't extract the ZIP archive, but only tells SteamCMD to update the files.

Jarod

Reaction score
Bought the game recently, I remembered this post but I guess the server was put offline.
Too bad but understandable if no one is playing on it.