Software Atmospheric Autopilot for DG

SeniorAstronautics

Reaction score
I wanted to be able to paste “aap.hdg(200)” into the input dialog for the MFD. But it appears we cannot paste from the windows buffer in Orbiter. Anyone know of any workarounds or other solutions? Thank you.

dgatsoulis

ele2png user
Donator
Reaction score
I wanted to be able to paste “aap.hdg(200)” into the input dialog for the MFD. But it appears we cannot paste from the windows buffer in Orbiter. Anyone know of any workarounds or other solutions? Thank you.
One solution is to use AutoHotKey. You can write a quick script in a text file and save it as (name of your file).ahk. Then you can run it before running Orbiter and use any combination of keys you want to write anything you want. Here is an example:
Code:
^j::
{
    Send "aap.hdg(200)"
}
The "^j" refers to the Ctrl-J key combination, which when pressed will send the keys "aap.hdg(200)" into whatever window you have open. Have a look at AutoHotKey's tutorial for more info.

SeniorAstronautics

Reaction score
I noticed there are very large swings in heading when the ship is trying to capture a specific heading, I suspect it has to do with air speed and climb rate. Need to keep on playing....