Hardware Atmospheric flight without numpad

ceauke

Reaction score
Hi guys

Do I understand correctly that the control surfaces of the DG is not in keymap.cfg?
I'm a laptop player, but I dont even have FN number keys. I see fixes for virtual numpad or buying a USB pad, but I don't see anyone explaining why the ailerons, rudder and elevator controls are not in the keymap file.

Am I missing something?

ceauke

Reaction score
Ok, I get a necropost warning when trying to ask the question on your linked solution, so I'll post it here.

I get the following error on install:
This version of windows is not supported.

I'm running win8.1 64. Opened the cmd in administrator mode

Do you know how to get around it? Doesn't look like you can easily run in compatibility mode in the command prompt and considering the low level nature of this program I dont want to experiment with faking previous windows versions.

Oh, and for interest sake: Why wont orbiter not just allow you to remap the keys controlling flight surfaces? It lets you map all the others.
Any other options? Some keyboard remap MFD that takes a keystroke and applies an autopilot that matches the input? :)

Last edited:

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Ok, I get a necropost warning when trying to ask the question on your linked solution, so I'll post it here.

Do you know how to get around it? Doesn't look like you can easily run in compatibility mode in the command prompt and considering the low level nature of this program I dont want to experiment with faking previous windows versions.

Oh, and for interest sake: Why wont orbiter not just allow you to remap the keys controlling flight surfaces? It lets you map all the others.
Any other options? Some keyboard remap MFD that takes a keystroke and applies an autopilot that matches the input? :)
The reason why is that the aerosurfaces are controlled by the same keys as the RCS. The keys move the aerosurfaces as well as firing the RCS.

kamaz

Unicorn hunter
Addon Developer
Reaction score

Um.... This is during the driver installation or when running the program?

ceauke

Reaction score
I get the windows version error when running
install-interception /install

I can run intercept but when adding a key it tells me the interception driver is not installed.

EDIT: Oh, this is embarrassing. I just tried again and now I can fly with my laptop (which lacks a numpad). I dont know what I did before in the mappings that my arrow keys had no effect, but its' working now. I realised that the keymap.cfg is read as soon as you run orbiter_ng. Maybe before, I just exited the scenario but still left the scenario launcher open.

Last edited: