Project Auch/Gers (LFDH) Airport

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Need help with English. How do you call this kind of metal "blades" on a wall ? I'm searching for a decent texture, but I don't even know how to name it :

Metal.jpg

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
No way that's a real company ?

Actually "JCB Aero" belongs to the "Amac Aerospace" group. On the JCB Aero site "our facilities" there's a video that shows the airport :

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com
You can add a few persons or cars to give scale. No need for any real details, some free low poly models will do.
Also, add a fence - an alpha textured rectangle will do. Your model will look alive and complete with these simple extras! :salute:

steph

Reaction score
Actually "JCB Aero" belongs to the "Amac Aerospace" group.

My bad, I was reading on the phone without glasses, and thought it was Arnac Aerospace . I know it's usually with 'que', but I thought it was some kind of joke

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Low-poly compact car :

AuchGers017.jpg

Warehouse and tank/cistern behind the hangar :

AuchGers018.jpg

Some corrugated metal prefab buildings next to the terminal and the ultralights hangar (WIP) :

AuchGers019.jpg

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Figured out the "water shader" : simply duplicate the Earth\Surf\... textures as Earth\Mask\... and delete the parts of the image you want to be water-like (should appear as a grey/white checker in the image editor). Here I did a mask texture for 1x level 19 square (foreground), and we see the next square (near the hangar) behaves differently. The "selection by color proximity" tool you have in any serious image editor is invaluable there, it did all the hard work.

I recommend Paint.net because it is very user-friendly ; and if you really need advanced features (perspective tool...) go for GIMP (the interface is a bit hardcore). Both are free.

AuchGers020.jpg

Last edited:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Terrain flattening works much better when you don't mix latitude and longitude coordinates ?‍♂️

Also : place your hangar floors 1 centimeter above zero. Else they will clip with the actual ground.

Looks better, of course it would be nice to have a tug to park planes, because hangars would certainly not survive the jet or rocket blast ?

AuchGers025.jpg

AuchGers026.jpg

Last edited:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
There's actually a railway that crosses the entrance, added the barriers. Also added the Flight School (they are hiring a DG instructor...), and trash bins. Only a couple of hangars and buildings to go !

I'll also have to work on low-poly trees.

AuchGers028.jpg

AuchGers029.jpg