Question AutoFCS problem

timay

Reaction score
After officially concluding the the search function does not work...I still have a question...
I couldn't find any sort of doc for autofcs and can't figure it out. What are the numbers under Alt, Speed, etc.? Everytime I try to use it I never end up where I am supposed to be. Flying it manually seems to be easier than using the autopilot! Thanks.

ripley1

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Can you be more specific? What are you selecting after opening the FCS?
What spacecraft are you using ,etc.
Just select the place you want to get to.Make sure your space craft is ready for deorbit.Everything closed and stowed.

timay

Reaction score
I am using the latest shuttle fleet. I've been trying to land at KSC runway 33, which I've selected. I figured it probably had to do with the numbers in the drop down box that I didn't mess with.

ripley1

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I never actually never played with the numbers in the dropbox,but FCS does work just fine for me after selecting the target.Are you using Hi/Med res KSC by any chance? And does the shuttle goes through deorbit at all?

timay

Reaction score
Well sometimes if fires when it's not lined up with the landing site, sometimes the burn lasts way too long and my orbit travels through the center of the earth, sometimes it fires appropriately but the autopilot brings me down over like Kansas...ugh.

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

Ok, it did it again. Trying to land at Edwards, at approx. 40km in altitude the little box in the upper left went blank and the shuttle lost its AOA and went turning around flying off to the north.

ripley1

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
My FCS looks like this when I want to deorbit and it works for me.
See if it looks the same and try.Otherwise,I am not sure what could be causing your problem.
Hope this helps.

Attachments

• FSC.JPG
    FSC.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 25

timay

Reaction score
Ok, I successfully did it for the first time. The only things I did different was I left the AUTOFCS dialogue box open the whole time and I didn't turn on GPCMFD. But even when I close the AutoCS dialogue box it still runs and I don't see why GPCMFD would be interfering....

ripley1

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Its better to keep only surface and map MFD open. I noticed that some MFD do interfere with the FCS. Its safe to close the FCS after the target input.
Glad you got it sorted out.