AutopilotMFD AutopilotMFD flightplan design???

HiPotOk1978

ReFuel L.L.C CEO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I just discovered AutopilotMFD that I found at http://orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=1468 and maybe I am missing something but here is my question anyways.

I was thinking I could design a flightplan that would fly me from one beacon/marker/VOR/NDB from say my Tucson base to KCS, is there a program or a feature that I just overlooked that will help me plot a flightplan from Point A to Point B somewhere far far away?
http://orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=1468

pattersoncr

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I just discovered AutopilotMFD that I found at http://orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=1468 and maybe I am missing something but here is my question anyways.

I was thinking I could design a flightplan that would fly me from one beacon/marker/VOR/NDB from say my Tucson base to KCS, is there a program or a feature that I just overlooked that will help me plot a flightplan from Point A to Point B somewhere far far away?

AutopilotMFD comes with extensive documentation (not very clear but extensive). It discusses making your own flightplans. If you know the VORs you want to fly to, It's pretty simple to write a flightplan to go from one to the next. Take a look at the file "circuit_ksc_dg" in the "flightplans" folder. It would be a good starting point for what you're talking about. It uses the "waypoint" command.

If you don't know what VORs you want to use, Flight Sim 2004 and FSX both have good flight planning utilities for that (if you have either).

I've played around a lot with making flightplans for autopilot mfd (search my name at orbithanger). Let me know if there's more I can help you with.

Last edited:

HiPotOk1978

ReFuel L.L.C CEO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
That's the problem, I don't have any of the MS FS programs nor do i know the VOR's that I want to fly. LOL last FS I played was back when Windows 98 was the latest and greatest thing and a 333mhz processor was still a pretty decent chip... Gonna take a look for ya name and see what I can find to help me

I was hoping for a program that would plot a course for you automatically if you tell it where your starting and where your ending, but it doesn't seem that such a tool exists yet. Would be a great tool for some you awesome programmers if your looking for a excellent tool to create

At the moment, I am looking for VOR/NDB maps of North America, but assuming that real pilots use these I doubt that I will find any free maps at all, but if anyone can direct me... would be great

pattersoncr

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
There are a lot of resources on flightsim.com, take a look around there.
The autopilot MFD adds just about every VOR in the world.
If you know exactly where you want to go from/to, I could dust off FS9 (I haven't played it since I got into orbiter:)) and give you a VOR to VOR flightplan that you could base an autopilot MFD flightplan on.

HiPotOk1978

ReFuel L.L.C CEO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
thx for the link. I created a account on the site, now all I gotta do is wait for the paperwork to go though