Problem BaseSync (and other MFDs) target selection

Ripley

Tutorial translator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttovola.org
This is not only about BaseSync MFD, but let's take it as an example.

While reading BaseSync MFD pdf documentation, I tried to set Peenemünde up as target (as its tutorial #2 suggests), but since I have an Italian keyboard I can't enter the "ü" letter, nor can I type ALT+0252 in the BaseSync MFD tgt input box.
How is this solvable? Is it "only" a matter of recompiling the MFDs and making them trigger the "hidden" pop-up list, or is it plain impossible?

Surely this is is an old story for Orbiter veterans, but the fact that some MFDs have "complete" menus (think about MAP MFD target selection, where a nice list of targets pops up), while some other MFDs don't, "disappoints" me a bit. These MFDs just display a bare input box, I'm sure you all know...it could be very cool if they showed up the complete list.

It's like add-on creators didn't link their MFDs to a specific Orbiter library or something like this (I know nothing about Orbiter add-on programming). Maybe there are good programmer's reasons that I don't know/understand.
Bases names and coordinates are "internally" coded anyway, so if I input "VDB - Vandenberg", it is recognized as a valid input.
I'd like to know why not using that useful pop-up list instead...

Last edited by a moderator:

AmBaIbA

Reaction score
I suggest you, if you know how, change the name of the base, it would be better.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I suggest you, if you know how, change the name of the base, it would be better.
:hesaid: Best to avoid altering the wheel only to make it over a specific bump. Changing Peenemünde to Peenemunde is not so hard, if you look inside the addon's zip package for the files you need to change, then relocate them in your Orbiter directories. :)

Ripley

Tutorial translator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttovola.org
Ok, I didn't think it was so easy to change Base names.
For the few interested, I edited my ..\Config\Earth\Base\Peenemunde.cfg.

Gonna pass this tip to my Italian fellow Orbinauts.