News Brazilian Grand Prix Sao Paulo, 11-13 November

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Lewis Hamilton top in Brazilian Grand Prix second practice

Lewis Hamilton topped both Friday practice sessions at the start of a Brazilian Grand Prix weekend that is critical to his title hopes.
If Mercedes team-mate Nico Rosberg wins on Sunday, the German will become champion for the first time.
Hamilton was 0.03 seconds quicker than Rosberg over one flying lap and also had a clear advantage on longer runs.
The Mercedes duo's closest rivals at Interlagos were the Williams pair of Valtteri Bottas and Felipe Massa.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/37953887

BenSisko

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Another interesting quali. Let's see if the championship is decided in Brazil?!?

ADSWNJ

Scientist
Addon Developer
Reaction score
It all feels very much like last season, only with Nico and Lewis reversed. I think there's a 90%+ chance Nico wins, and Lewis has all the momentum. Last year Lewis had won by now and Nico had all the momentum.

BenSisko

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Man, that was one hell of a race! Max Verstappen was kickin' it!

ADSWNJ

Scientist
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Such a shame RBR insisted on pulling Max in for Inter. Had he stayed out, the last 10 laps would have been amazing. A lot of teams will be analyzing video of Max's lines, so expect to see more doing it next time.

It's pretty amazing that race cars can handle those speeds and that mount of standing water! I'm sure the race director wanted to give the crowd and the TV audience a spectacle, and that he did!

HAM, ROS, VES podium ... by the way, but VES was the star today

Longjap

Reaction score
Once in a decade we get presented a truly astonishing race and this one is going straight into my top 5 ever greats.

You have the nostalgia of the old Interlagos track where all the greats have raced. The terrible difficult conditions where the true skills and bravery of the drivers are tested to the limit. The emotion of the great likeable Massa with his walking into the sunset scene and the reception of the whole paddock and family. On top of that in his home country at the track where he had thought himself world champion for two seconds, while the other Brazilian driver Nasr scores 2 very needed points for Sauber at his home race.

And of course, the galactic Senna-esque drive of Max not letting his head down after the wrong strategy call and overtaking the whole field with astonishing moves, finding tarmac where none has gone before to breeze onto the podium.. Jeez.

This is why I watch F1. :'}

Last edited:

ADSWNJ

Scientist
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I think several drivers dodged bullets on that track. We could have seen a head-on crash multiple times in that spray - e.g. Kimi's spin. If you are keying off the intense flashing red light, it must be terrifying to see the front of a car forming out of the spray like that.

I'll feel a lot better when cars get a Halo bar, or a full composite windscreen.

By the way - it was interesting to hear both Hamilton and Ricciardo complaining about their helmets. There has to be a high tech way to seal the visor completely, and still get an airflow over the inner face to keep 100% visibility. F1 Designers - get to work!

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Good to see, shame its so long.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/38210811

The French Grand Prix will return to the Formula 1 calendar in 2018 after an absence of 10 years.

The race will be held in the south of France at the Circuit Paul Ricard - also known as Le Castellet - which last staged the event in 1990.