OHM BurnTimeCalcMFD (BTC) 3.1 for Orbiter 2016

Ripley

Tutorial translator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttovola.org
Enjo, in this latest release there is a file named ".fuse_hidden00011ab000000002" at root level.

turtle91

Reaction score
Enjo, in this latest release there is a file named ".fuse_hidden00011ab000000002" at root level.

...and the content of this file has the entire BurnTimeMFD in it.
So it looks like a hanging process which tried to access the file, while it has been packed/zipped.
So zipped on Linux :thumbup:...lsof might give some more clues... ;)

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
Can't you smell my T levels?

turtle91

Reaction score
So now you know that I haven't written these two articles only for others, but I do walk the talk
Nice articles...thanks for them.
As soon as my desktop-PC will be up again (graphics-card toasted), I will give it a try, esp the build env.

I have run Orbiter2010 successfully on my Desktop before, but performance was bit lower and some MFDs caused Orbiter to crash (as far as I remeber LTMFD or/and IMFD).

However somehow I need to get away from my still working WinXP install...so Linux seems to be only compatible alternative.
On my current laptop, there is a pre-installed Win7....the last Windows version in my live...that's for sure. Functionality/flexibility/security/accessability...enough reasons for me to move(back) to my favourite OS.

Axel

Drive Technician
Reaction score
I can not see the MFD when i start a scenario. Same for TransX. I installed all components, like ModuleMessagingSDK and Visual C++ Redistributable Packages.

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
Now it's [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=6966"]ModuleMessagingExt for Orbiter 2016[/ame]

Axel

Drive Technician
Reaction score
Yes i used [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=6966"]ModuleMessagingExt for Orbiter 2016[/ame] also, but no positiv effect, only that the original TransX coming with standard install is now also away :facepalm:.
I tested it in standard Orbiter 2016 and 2016 Beta.

Axel

Drive Technician
Reaction score
Ok now with the VC2015Redist it works! Thank you very mutch. I had only installed the VC2013Redist, like written in your manual. But you should update/insert the link of the VC2015Redist to your addon's descriptions AND manuals. Only the BaseSync and ModuleMessagingExt are speaking in their addon's description at OrbitHangar about the newer VC2015, not in the manuals. When people later reinstall their windows and orbiter only from archives like me, they can just overlook this.

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
I'm happy that it works, but I must admit, that I dislike being said what I should do in my free of charge addon, especially since your issue resulted from a decision of somebody else - the author and maintainer of MMExt addon. I'm only maintainer of BTC, not MMExt. As such, I have no influence on what redist. is needed for a dependency of my addons. Updating my manuals to catch up with other peoples' decisions is also not my hobby. In fact we've been having quite a long discussion in this topic already:
5. By far, the main reason I prefer to statically link with the redistributable files is to make it easier for users to install and run the add-on: with static linking, it "just works", but with dynamic linking, if the user doesn't happen to already have the correct Visual Studio redistributable files installed, it is a poor user experience when pilots try to load up a new add-on and it dies with a cryptic error in Orbiter.log. For every user who posts a question about it on the forum, there are probably 10 more who just give up and never get the add-on working. Or worse, they google for the exact error text that pops up and wind up installing one of those phony download packages that actually installs some malware.

Fully agree. No offense to Andrew, nor to new users, but quite honestly, I'm a bit fed up with directing users to the redistributables, n-times per a single forum page, especially that these are not my addons that I'm providing basic support for.

Last edited:

JohnSpeed

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Can anybody tell me, why data from TransX do not copy to btc by GET button? Thanks. Orbiter 2016, TransX(2), mme sdc

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
Hi,
First check in MMExt2 MFD if any data is being stored.

ADSWNJ

Scientist
Addon Developer
Reaction score
also include here an Orbiter.log file between [ CODE ] … [ /CODE ] tags (without the spaces in the tag names)