General Question can i program delta glider iv to enter orbit from earth?

bemanos

Reaction score
is that doable? enter a command or something and automatically enter orbit(on earth) or if thats not possible tell me how to do it. i have tryied many times and each time green cyrcle ends up as a very very VERY eliptic cyrcle (all i do is at 60-70km be at 40degrees then at 130 20degrees and i just wait mine cyrcle to evolve but it always ends up as an eliptic cyrcle.what should i do??!!

thanx:)

ripley1

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Delta Glider IV does have autopilot to take you into orbit.Look into the manual for the AP input codes. (it is something like "PRO903spec42") if i remember correctly.

Kaito

Orbiquiz Coordinator
Reaction score
Pro903specxx
xx = the direction you want to lift off

So, if you were to type it on your keyboard, this is what it would be:
P 9 0 3 S 4 2

bemanos

Reaction score
Delta Glider IV does have autopilot to take you into orbit.Look into the manual for the AP input codes. (it is something like "PRO903spec42") if i remember correctly.

ok where do i put this code?(sorry iam quite new)

Kaito

Orbiquiz Coordinator
Reaction score
Into the computer. If you're new, i suggest learning how to do orbit insert manually with the Default Delta Glider

bemanos

Reaction score
!!!!!!!!! "computer you mean the thing with the screen when i ctrl and down arrow on delta glider?

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Yes. It's in the PDF documentation.

Got that screenshot for your other issue?

bemanos

Reaction score
nah its ok,the other guys helped me. thanx for interest:)

---------- Post added at 07:57 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 09:21 PM ----------

ok is there a command for auto reentry?

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
have you actually READ the documentation that comes with the DGIV?

MattNW

Reaction score
Another tutorial you might find useful is Trevor John's Tutorial. You can find it on the same site you downloaded Orbiter Sound. Look at the bottom of the download page on Dan's site.

It sounds like you are trying to circularize your orbit a little too early. Wait until a few seconds before your ApA and burn prograde. Burning too early will only raise your ApA and you will end up with a highly elliptical orbit or a ballistic trajectory (one that intersects the surface). It's all in the timing. Too early and you will raise your ApA too high. Too late and you will lower your ApA and end up with too low an orbit.