Support Changing the Mesh in UMMU

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I want to make the eva person use my own mesh in UMMU. I have it coding in the vessel. I have changed the UmmUsdk.h to show this:
Code:
const char UmmuMeshUsed[NUMBER_OF_MMU_TYPE][25]={
"ummu/LISUMMU",    //passenger
"ummu/LISUMMU",    //captain
"ummu/LISUMMU",    //"astronaut",
"ummu/LISUMMU",    //"security",
"ummu/LISUMMU",    //"vip",
"ummu/LISUMMU",    //"Scientific",

But all I get is the standard mesh. I know the mesh is in the correct directory as this is how I have it in another vessel

Kaito

Orbiquiz Coordinator
Reaction score
Keep in mind, i'm no coder, but from the looks of it, you're telling orbiter to use LISUMMU for everything. From what i've picked up about C++, anything after a // in a line is just a comment I.E: doesn't count for the code.

I dont know C++, but thats what it looks like to me

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
yes, I want the mesh for any UMMU person in this vessel to use the LISUMMU mesh. But I get the standard mesh instead

Kaito

Orbiquiz Coordinator
Reaction score
Oh, you're saying you want different skins?
You're going to need different meshes with different skins.

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
no he wants all of them too be 1 mesh what he has done there should work so your probably best asking the creator of UMMU (sorry I forgot his name again)

Kaito

Orbiquiz Coordinator
Reaction score
Well, like i said, I dont know C++, but what it seems to me is that you're just telling it to use the default mesh with the default skin. The skin is part of the mesh, so, i think, you're going to have to define a new mesh for each skin

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
"ummu/LISUMMU", //passenger
the red is the model he's doing it correct

Kaito

Orbiquiz Coordinator
Reaction score
I know, just hear me out. From what i've picked up about Orbiter and Programming..

ummu/LISUMMU

that line is telling Orbiter to look for a mesh called LISUMMU in the ummu folder. So, hes doing it correctly, and its doing what its told: drawing the LISUMMU mesh.
Well, textures are also defined in the mesh file. So, for each line, hes saying draw the LISUMMU mesh, which all have the same textures, so they are all the same. The way I see to fix it is to do something like this:
LISUMMUp
LISUMMUc
LISUMMUa
where they would be the same structural mesh, but have different textures, and thus need a different file name

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thanks. I got it fixed. What it does is what ever the position is CApt, Engineer, passenger,... it all uses the same mesh.
I seems it was in the code.