1.3 KB · Views: 1

dgatsoulis

ele2png user
Donator
Reaction score
I was expecting that, and this is my move:

20. Rg4-g6

move21.jpg

I must admit that the first thing that crossed my mind was Rh1-g1 and if this was a blitz game, i would have probably done that.
But as i looked more carefully, i liked the thought of my rook getting in there.

Warmest regards!
Dimitris

Last edited:

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Probably not a free pawn, (if you mean the h7) but I'd definetely start putting pressure on the bishop, which (i think) would be exchanged for a pawn.
??? I see mate in three, maximum four moves (IF you would have moved R-h5 at move 19), and not really any possible defense against it. :hello:

edit: ak, no. if black made a simple error (which it would have been likely to make, because it looks like a good thing to do), mate could have occured in three moves. If black did not do said mistake, it would take a bit more than four, because that white pawn close to the center isn't covered (if it was, four moves would be the end in any case). Blacks king would have ended up in the center of the board, though, and mate only a matter of time.

second edit: just went through the moves, I could only see three options if white did the right thing: mate in either 3, 6 or 7 moves. Although I still might overlook something... (why am I doing this anyways? I hardly ever analyse my own games that thouroughly... :lol:)

Last edited:
E

ex-orbinaut

I believe we've done the same analysis. If white does it right, it ends the soonest with my King mated on f7, correct? There is one other thing white might do with slaughter lust against that heroic pawn on h7, which would only prolong the agony :), but I doubt that will happen. My blunders were a couple more than white's, and the consequences are nigh. :lol: Be back with the move in a moment.

dgatsoulis

ele2png user
Donator
Reaction score
:lol: When are you going to give us a game Jedidia?
I bet that you, me, Keith and SiameseCat could play a Simultaneous "Swiss" tournament! lol

Ok... not so "Swiss" but still, it would be fun!

We already have the board and the pieces, thanks to Keith!

E

ex-orbinaut

dgatsoulis said:
I must admit that the first thing that crossed my mind was Rh1-g1 and if this was a blitz game, i would have probably done that.

Yep. That's what blitz games are good for.... "limbering up". Learn well from your mistakes in them.:)

Here's the move...

...Rg8-g7

Regards...
:cheers:

Attachments

• Next_Move.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Rg8-g7.jpg
    Rg8-g7.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 8

AtlantisOnline

Reaction score
Later. Right now lets play Global Thermonuclear War. I remember that from War Games

dgatsoulis

ele2png user
Donator
Reaction score
22: Rh1-h6

move22.jpg

Regards,
Dimitris

Last edited:
E

ex-orbinaut

I will just continue with plan A, as there does not seem to be anything better to do.

...Kh8-g8

All the best,

Attachments

• Next_Move.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Kh8-g8.jpg
    Kh8-g8.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 11

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
nothing better to do? you could have staged a flank attack by now :lol:

When are you going to give us a game Jedidia?

I could play out a usual game, but I'm afraid I'm lacking the time for piloting my pieces around on the board, as good an excersise as that might be...

E

ex-orbinaut

nothing better to do? you could have staged a flank attack by now :lol:

Pray tell, as from which move (let's say since I got my King stuck in the corner) did you see that possible?:shrug:

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
instead of opposing the white rook directly with your rook, you could have prepared to attack the center (and ultimately disrupt the defense of the white king) with your pawns. It would have taken three moves to set up, and might have been a bit risky, but I can't see a possible attack from white that would have breached your defense fast enough to get you into real trouble. But I'm an offensive player that makes rather frequent blunders in defense, so there might well be a thing or two I overlooked...

dgatsoulis

ele2png user
Donator
Reaction score
I'm back after a short time-off! (Sorry about that, but we had the Greek-Playmates competition here and my company was one of the sponsors! ;))

Move 23: Ke4xf6+
move23.jpg

All the best!

Last edited:
E

ex-orbinaut

Hi,

...g8-f7

All the best,

:cheers::tiphat:

Attachments