OHM China's Manned Space Program v1.5

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score

Author: majortom

China's Manned Space Program

By MajorTom and streb2001

Contains Shenzhou spacecraft, Long March 2F booster and Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center base.

IMPROVEMENTS OVER v1.01:
Changes to LM-2F launch vehicle only:
- More authentic LM-2F ascent profile (guidance file) and key events timing
- More realistic LM-2F flight performance
- Improved fairing, stage 1 and stage 2 meshes
- Escape tower jettison timing corrected (yet still a dummy tower)
- Stage 2 MECO then only verniers burn during final minutes of orbital injection. 
Many thanks to Simcosmos for his expert suggestions!
REQUIRES:

VINKA's multistage2 and spacecraft3 dll's and their associated config files.  Get them from users.swing.be/vinka/
**UPDATE FOR ORBITER 2010:  Be sure to also install BrianJ's "stage" module update (so the multistage rockets will function properly.)

INSTALLATION:
Simply unzip the contents of of the downloaded add-on to your Orbiter directory.  This add-on will not overwrite any standard orbiter files.
**SEE UPDATE NOTE ABOVE

HOW TO USE:
See the README and Flight Manual (found in add-on docs) for instructions and troubleshooting hints.

DOWNLOAD

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score
Legacy Reviews

Legacy Add-on Reviews from Orbit Hangar Mods

Review by pigasuspig
Pros: Gorgeous ships and base - a great, coherent package
Cons: Slightly weird control system for solar panels
Review:
This is one of my favorite orbiter mods -- it is a complete package of base, launcher, and orbiter. Read the manual to learn the slightly quirky controls; also, in spite of what the manual says, numpad 5 rotates panels, not numpad 1. I hope more content comes out as China's manned program progresses.

Review by eveningsky339
Pros: Beautiful rocket, unique module
Cons: What cons?
Review:
This is a beautiful spacecraft with some very nice contrail textures on launch. I thoroughly enjoy it.

DaveBowman

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
hint

Good work!:thumbup:

Here is an easy way to keep the capsule stable during reentry:
Just switch on retrograde autopilot!

stealthstar

Reaction score
Very nice!

This is a great addon. (I wish the Soyuz addons were more like it) It's easy to install and looks great. Also the one of the main reasons I like it so much because it's a space program addon that has all launchers, vehicles & pads needed included. Other addons you end up having to get other external launcher and vehicle addons not included most of the time and that sometimes end up being out of date and can't function well on 2010P1. I do (like others have mentioned) have a problem with the solar panel controls like you cant deploy them when both modules are attached to the crew capsule. and It's not the G or K key we are typically used to on other addons that have solar panel deployment. but other than that its one of the best addons ive tried for a manned space program:thumbup:

regula50

Reaction score
Bravo. Finally a good addon working with Orbiter 060929 and Orbiter 2016. Good work and many thanks.
Maybe a day we have something like this with the Soyuz.

regula50

Reaction score
For docking with Tiangong 1 a small correction is necessary to avoid to docking inside of the station.

Original:

[DOCK_0]
POS = (0,0,1.15)
DIR = (0,0,1)
ROT = (0,1,0)

Updated:

[DOCK_0]
POS = (0,0,7.10)
DIR = (0,0,1)
ROT = (0,1,0)

Of course applicable a Shenzhou spacecraft missions(Shenzhou 8, 9, 10 and 11)with docking with Tiangong 1(or Tiangong 2).