Problem cockpit view buttons, SpaceCraft3

paddy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I am putting together an "SpaceCraft3" unmanned craft which makes use of MFD's "controlled" from a ground/ Moon based controller. Two MFD's are just fine along with the standard row of KillRot, Prograde, Retrograde, HorLevel buttons and the small screen which has the Rot/Lin rcs switch and fuel levels. All was going well and I could control the craft and have it meet up with a DG4 in orbit

This is fine if I have a DG4 in the scenario but if I make a scenario with just my craft ( to Test by hopping from base to base) all I get is two MFD's and a non working small screen.

I do not do have to do any thing to the DG4 it just has to be around, not even on the Moon!
As I can not be SURE that other users will have a DG4 loaded it puts a crimp in plans to share it. I understand that 99.9% of us have the DG but I really wonder as to why a spacecraft3 vessel needs it as a must have ( first)!

paddy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
using 2010, terrain on home made bases is hit and miss on 2016!
Thanks for quick response.

Last edited:

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I am putting together an "SpaceCraft3" unmanned craft which makes use of MFD's "controlled" from a ground/ Moon based controller. Two MFD's are just fine along with the standard row of KillRot, Prograde, Retrograde, HorLevel buttons and the small screen which has the Rot/Lin rcs switch and fuel levels. All was going well and I could control the craft and have it meet up with a DG4 in orbit

This is fine if I have a DG4 in the scenario but if I make a scenario with just my craft ( to Test by hopping from base to base) all I get is two MFD's and a non working small screen.

I do not do have to do any thing to the DG4 it just has to be around, not even on the Moon!
As I can not be SURE that other users will have a DG4 loaded it puts a crimp in plans to share it. I understand that 99.9% of us have the DG but I really wonder as to why a spacecraft3 vessel needs it as a must have ( first)!

SC3 is outdated even on 2010. Did you mean SC4?

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com
Use SC4 and work based on the SC4 example scenarios.

The problem you describe seems related to scenario setup, probably vessel naming or parameters.

paddy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
As daft as it sounds I would like beacon lights !!
SC3 and SC4 do not support these....
So write the ini file for SC3, test it convert to DLL ( and .ccp)
Using limited C++ knowledge add beacons and recompile

I seemed to get a simple cockpit "for free"! Being as how the craft is unmanned it would be controlled in the main via HoverMFD and a few others, as if a controller was working from a ground based desk.

Understand SC4 has more bells and whistles but it is just a way of getting cargo from A to B or to a DG in orbit, don't need much.
Just loaded the "platform" scenario from Vinka's spacecraft and it shows the buttons. There is no mention of another craft in the Scenario or a cockpit in the INI file

Craft name will be HopperMk2 so I don't see how that would upset anything

Still thanks for the help, it is welcome

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com
If it works for you, great !

You can't add lights in SC4 but you can attach spotlights. Check the spotlight add-on.

One way to simulate blinking lights in SC4 is to use animations.
You have your light as cylinder that's red on one side and black on the other. Rotate it and place it on the right location, it will work.