Problem D3D9 _n textures messed up

XonE32

Reaction score
Hi all, been away from Orbiter a while, but now I'm using it again and I love the D3D9r12! looks so good. Just have an issue with base textures at night.

The base here is a version of Brighton I made back with Orbiter 2006. I understand the solar plants and trains don,t work using the Orbiter_ng exe and that's fine but I just can't figure out why my textures at night are all borked up. if I use the regular Orbiter 2010p1 exe they work fine???

Below is a shot of base during the day using regular 2010p1.exe
Brighton 2010p1.jpg

Below are the textures at night using the regular 2010p1.exe (They're fine)
Brighton Night - 2010p1.jpg

Below are the textures of the base in the DAY using Orbiter_ng ie D3D9r12 (they,re fine as far as I can see)
Brighton Day D3D9r12.jpg

And finally the borked night textures using the Orbiter_ng exe ie D3D9 (the textures are their but only half showing or overlapping or something)
Brighton Night 1 D3D9r12.jpg

Obviously the Brighton.cfg is exaxtly the same, just can't figure what's causing it. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Haven't used the forum in ages so if the pics don't show let me know. I can be a bit of a tard when it comes to posting after such a long time.

Cheers and thanks in advance

XonE32

Attachments

• Brighton 2010p1.jpg
    Brighton 2010p1.jpg
    404.5 KB · Views: 49
  • Brighton Day  D3D9r12.jpg
    Brighton Day D3D9r12.jpg
    450.1 KB · Views: 47
  • Brighton Night 1 D3D9r12.jpg
    Brighton Night 1 D3D9r12.jpg
    376.6 KB · Views: 47
  • Brighton Night - 2010p1.jpg
    Brighton Night - 2010p1.jpg
    319.3 KB · Views: 42

jarmonik

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Here is a quick patch. Place the D3D9Client.fx, located in the ZIP, in /Modules/D3D9Client/

Does it fix the problem ?

Attachments

• D3D9Client-fx.zip
    5 KB · Views: 25

XonE32

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Jarmonik. I wish I could say the quick patch fixed it, but sadly it didn't.

Is it a known issue or maybe my graphics card? I think not knowing what's messing it up is bugging me more than than the messed up textures lol.

XonE32

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Jarmonik. I wish I could say the quick patch fixed it, but sadly it didn't.

Is it a known issue or maybe my graphics card? I think not knowing what's messing it up is bugging me more than than the messed up textures lol.

EDIT: WAIT! It does work! I followed your instructions and put the file in the Modules\D3D9Client folder after renaming the file of the same name that was there in case I needed it and it did NOT work. But I also have a folder called D3D9Client20 and the same file is in that folder so I renamed it that one too and put your fixed file into that folder as well. Now he night textures show up fine.

A night shot after your patch file was placed in both D3D9Client and D3D9Client20 folders
Brighton night working.jpg

Thanks so much for that. I don't know what either folder does,but I assume it's ok to replace both my previous files with your quick patch file.

cheers
XonE32

Attachments

• Brighton night working.jpg
    Brighton night working.jpg
    289.3 KB · Views: 31

jarmonik

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
A night shot after your patch file was placed in both D3D9Client and D3D9Client20 folders

Yes, you need to place it in both folders. Thanks, for your help. Everyone will get the fix with the next version of the client.