D3D9 will not operate ...

llarian

Reaction score
I know we have discussed this before. After a harddrive failure, I reinstalled a completely new Orbiter. On attempting to start orbiter-ng, there is no video tab showing in Launchpad. If I try to start any scenario, Orbiter just drops out. Orbiter log shows nothing. Reinstalled vcredist_x64.exe and directx_Jun2010_redist.exe, D3D9ClientR4.26-Orbiter2016,Module Messaging Ext v2.1d, makes no difference. When I just launch Orbiter, the modules\server\orbiter.exe window indicats "Orbiter NG (no graphics), Running in server mode (no graphics client attached). Closing that window just drops out Orbiter.

Will operate with just orbiter.exe.

I'm at a loss at what to do next. Any advice?

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Did you enable D3D9Client by checkmarking it in the Modules tab of Orbiter_NG? I see no references to this crucial and important step in your post. The Video tab will only show up if you enable a graphics client first, it isn't automatic.

llarian

Reaction score
In my latest attempt I can see in the orbiter.log that the D3D9 Client fails to load.

Attachments

• orbiter log.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 7

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Failed loading module Modules\Plugin\D3D9Client.dll (code 5)

The internet says that is "access denied", so it could be user privileges, folder location, or maybe the dll is locked because windows sees that it came from the internet and it locks the file (file properties will show if it is locked).

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
You could try icacls and look if D3D9Client.dll is any different from the other modules.

Run this (path to plugins is an example here)
Code:
icacls .\Orbiter\Modules\Plugin\*.dll
...and look whether D3D9Client.dll ACLs differ from the others.