Installation D3D9Client install issue "(no graphics client attached)" [Resolved]

CLEAN

Reaction score
Hi guys. Excited for the new for Orbiter 2016 AMSO addon, so I've tried to get back into Orbiter to play it. I did a fresh install of Orbiter 2016, and it runs fine in exe and ng forms. Next I installed the D3D9, opened ng, checked the D3D9 box in the modules tab, but didn't get the video tab that I was expecting. When attempting the start a default scenario, I get...

Orbiter NG (no graphics)
Running in server mode (no graphics client attached)

I'm afraid that I'm fairly computer illiterate compared to most of you, but I'm hoping to get this resolved w/ your help. I've done a search, and found a few threads on the subject, but no fixes. I'm not sure how to proceed.

My sys is as follows.

Windows 10
Intel I5 3.2 GHz
8GB ram
64 bit OS
Nvidia GeForce GT720 card.

Any advice to get me started? Thanks

CLEAN

Reaction score
Well the pc is a few years old, but yes, fresh clean install of O16. I'd wondered if DirecX9 was part of the D3D9 install after I posted last night, because I have not updated that separately. Will tackle that next, thanks for the idea. Will advise

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

And that was it! So yes, I missed the part where the DirectX9 dll was a SEPARATE install from the D3D9 client. It's up and running now w/ the default scenarios, now off to install AMSO. Thanks for the quick answer!

Ripley

Tutorial translator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttovola.org
...I've done a search, and found a few threads on the subject, but no fixes. I'm not sure how to proceed...
Can you (or a Mod) change the thread's subject, so the next Orbinauts who'll have the same problem can find it more easily?

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Can you (or a Mod) change the thread's subject, so the next Orbinauts who'll have the same problem can find it more easily?

Done. :thumbup: