DeltaGilder4 Earth Scenery "Landed KCS departure to ISS"

Silvercn

Reaction score
Hello there,

iam noob and was trying a lot to Dock to ISS.

Ive read some Tutorials about Earth to ISS.

But something i made wrong :sorry:

I use the DEltaGlider IV cause there a lot of Automaticpilots, so its easyer for me.

Okay to my Problem, i start the Scenario and i dont know the Time to Start (MJD) so i start after the Secenario its load, the Programm PRO903SPEC42.

After the Programm Finished i start the Algin Plane and Burn. Ater it say that. Now i have an RInc from 0.02.

I hope thats okay, i read something it musst be 0,01 or 0,00. :blink:
After that i Start the Sync Orbit too.
The next Step is to get DTmin to 0.0

But how can i do that?
I run Prograde and Burn the DTmin goes down but my RInc starte also Up.

What musst i do? :sorry::sorry::sorry:#
When musst i Burn?
Hope for answear to Rendevouz with the ISS today :)
1.jpg
2.jpg

Last edited:

V8Li

Reaction score
What you should do is burn for syncronisation at Pe and Ap so that you can have full control on how your orbit is altered and in turn to control the DTmin. Also if you burn pro/retrograde the RInc should stay the same. An RInc of 0.02 is perfect since it can be managed with the RCS when you get close to dock. You're almost there, the syncing is the easy part.

Good luck!

bujin

Reaction score
The Go Play in Space manual explains the process quite well. Having said that, whenever I try, I always end up hundreds of kilometers away from the ISS rather than just a few. But no matter, I still follow the procedure and it seems to work. :)

Silvercn

Reaction score
Okay my Situation is now this.

Now i just only wait for 13.52k?

But it still looking iam lower than the ISS how can i fix that only to move my DTmin and RInc?

3.jpg

dutchpirate

XR Fleet Skin Designer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Looks like you're doing well, what you need to do is a prograde burn so that on your Sync Orbit your highlighted number is one row above the highlighted number for the ISS, then orbit until you are both on Ob 0 and when you get close, retrograde burn to match velocities, then begin docking procedures. You could use the docking autopilot (Alt-4 I think) to do the burn and an automated approach just so you can see one way to do it. Make sure that your NAV1 is set to the freq of the docking port on the ISS you want to use, and that your nosecone is open.

Silvercn

Reaction score
Okay is there some orientation when i musst Start Burn Prograde?

Edit: okay i read something about Burn at the Intersection Point.

But when i take this in the Sny Orb its Standing there No Intersection, i took ISS but also standing No Intersection.
So i took Sh Periapsis. i think is wrong or?

dutchpirate

XR Fleet Skin Designer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Sh periapsis will work fine. If you have an intersect when you start the sync orbit MFD and you want to keep it, or even if you are just using the Sh periapsis, do your prograde burn when you are at the intersect point (when the green lines match).

dutchpirate

XR Fleet Skin Designer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Also when you are on your last orbit before intercepting, set the HUD to docking, bring up the docking MFD (with NAV1 tuned) and click on the HUD button on the MFD. That will set your HUD to the docking port you have selected, and also give you the V symbol so that you can match you velocity with the ISS. You will be close to retrograde orientation, so you can flip to that then turn it off when you are getting close.

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
Burn prograde at your apoapsis. our periapsis is very low (dangerously so) so fix that first. Burn at your current apoapsis so that your periapsis becomes your apoapsis and raises to about 10km below the station.

You will then need to do a series of prograde burns at your new apoapsis to get your sync orbit MFD situation corrected and simultaneously raise your new periapsis.

I also strongly recommend "Go Play in Space", it has excellent step by step instructions and it explains the underlying concepts very well.

Welcome to the Orbiter community :cheers:

Silvercn

Reaction score
thx to all. I Complete to ISS with Docking Autopilot :cheers:

thx very much for this. i will trx to manual Docking, and fly to next waypoint to MIR :)