DGIV - Earth to the Moon in 24 hours - HD Video

reverend

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
http://69.62.156.5/rev/orbiter2008-04-1-20-31-15-71.avi

Here is a 45 minute long Hi-Def Divx Video showing yesterday's flight of the DeltaGliderIV from Kennedy Space Center to Brighton Beach in 24 hours.

This will demonstrate ascent thru 100km, using Interplanetary MFD to plan the course, setting up for the base approach, and using LandMFD to land at Brighton.

The whole trip was fairly good. Two problems happened at the end... I came up just a tiny bit short on fuel just before landing (1-2% short), so I did give myself a few extra Kg's of fuel to complete the landing. In the process of doing this, I managed to accidentally kick the hover engines off, and I did make a small bounce before final landing. As you can see though, it was a very light bounce, as I caught it just in time, and it wasn't so hard that the DG registered any gear damage.

I hope this is helpful for some in showing how easy it is to get to the moon with the great addons we have available.

Note: For quick playback without having to download first:

Open Windows Media Player
Press CTRL+U
Paste the URL, and click Open

This will buffer some and play while downloading.

Parental Advisory Notice... Some of the music I was playing during the flight contains some... choice words...

The server hosting the video has gone offline again! Sorry I'll try to get it back as soon as possible. Anyone got 360Megs of webspace I could put the file on ?

Last edited:

reverend

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
The server came back up... Watch it while you can :sorry:

tomek

legal alien
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
I really don't think you should use turbopump so frivolously. Once clear of the atmosphere, it wastes more fuel than it saves.

As for the vid, well, cockpit view of 20 something minute burn is not exactly the most exciting thing I saw in my life (and might not be the best use of 300+ megs of traffic). On one occasion when you did switch to external view, you flew into monorail. So, ahem... But it is a nice "proof of concept" thing.

Last edited: