Announcement Donation target adjusted

MaxBuzz

Reaction score
During the latest events, 70% of all people living on Earth will be difficult to find dollars and euros. This can be a problem for donates

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
During the latest events, 70% of all people living on Earth will be difficult to find dollars and euros. This can be a problem for donates

I am sure, we can also find some alternative ways of payment there. What about a small favour? ?

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Is the "Donation Drive" widget really working ? I know it has been buggy in the past. It is true we are the 29th of the month and that 0$ have been donated ? It also tells me the last donation is from December ? If it is that bad, I can contribute.

supersonic71

Reaction score
Website
github.com
Is the "Donation Drive" widget really working ? I know it has been buggy in the past. It is true we are the 29th of the month and that 0$ have been donated ? It also tells me the last donation is from December ? If it is that bad, I can contribute.
I think the widget isn't working, I sent $5 yesterday and it didn't appear in the widget

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I think the widget isn't working, I sent $5 yesterday and it didn't appear in the widget

Would be nice anyway, to get some more transparency into what was donated and how it was spent. Is more motivating for possible donors to know, that each cent is properly accounted and how current liquidity looks like. Alone because a community with solid finances shows, that the money is not just given away, but you also get the maximum possible back for it.

Sorry, I am a German who learned too much Business Administration in my life, my soul is now bound for hell anyway.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Sorry, I am a German who learned too much Business Administration in my life, my soul is now bound for hell anyway.

No, that actually makes some sense ? I vote for (y)

Even a thread with a small post summing up OF finances each month would be fine.

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her

I'm really not sure. The plugin is quite flaky, but the available options for donation plugins is also a bit thin on the ground.

Would be nice anyway, to get some more transparency into what was donated and how it was spent. Is more motivating for possible donors to know, that each cent is properly accounted and how current liquidity looks like. Alone because a community with solid finances shows, that the money is not just given away, but you also get the maximum possible back for it.

No, that actually makes some sense ? I vote for (y)

Even a thread with a small post summing up OF finances each month would be fine.

I'm not opposed to this in principle, but it could be somewhat onerous to create each month. I'd settle for perhaps once a quarter, to annually.

Boxx

Mars Addict
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Hi, I donated a few days ago and the plugin Donate Drive does not report correctly. I hope you got it anyway because it actually left my pocket :)

Xyon

Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Hi, I donated a few days ago and the plugin Donate Drive does not report correctly. I hope you got it anyway because it actually left my pocket :)
We did indeed. Thank you very much! I've updated your profile manually. The plugin should give you the role, but it's not working properly.

Xyon

Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
A small update to this; you might notice the donation target has suddenly tripled! Our costs haven't changed (much) since we increased the target - what's happened here is I've just flipped the donation drive to a three-month period instead of one-month. There's no way to track rolling periods of time especially, but it does now at least seem to have recorded that we've received several generous donations this year already.

I think the issue with it not giving out donator roles is also fixed now; if you donate and you don't get your role, please let us know!