Extracting motion cues?

flightline

Reaction score
I have a motion platform. I am a complete beginner with slinging code. How do I go about extracting motion cues? I can code a little in old Visual Basic. Thank you for your help

Hlynkacg

Aspiring rocket scientist
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
we're going to need a bit more info to go on. besides, extracting cues from a piece of hardware is really something you should be talking to the developers of that hardware about.

PS
Welcome to the forum :hailprobe:

kamaz

Unicorn hunter
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'd use Orb::Connect to extract vehicle orientation and acceleration vectors and then feed these to the motion platform.

Except that from what I can see in the API you cannot get the acceleration vectors directly, so you'd have to get velocity vectors and calculate the time derivative yourself.

flightline

Reaction score
Thank you kamaz. That was what I was looking for. I know a motion simulator for a space craft is probably silly in space but might be cool for initial takeoff.

kamaz

Unicorn hunter
Addon Developer
Reaction score
That's not completely silly in space -- you will still get cues when you fire RCS motors or do burns.

You'll just have to pretend that you have a spacecraft with artificial gravity generators :)