OHM F-224 'Firehawk' v1.03

JMW

Aspiring Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hit FAS "Full" or "Align"
Then once undocked, "raise" craft with gentle "rcs up" (Numpad 2).
Otherwise you'll re-dock!
:thumbup:

Gotta say, this is an EXCELLENT add-on!

fullarmor2

Reaction score
VERY cool addon! I'm adding it to my fleet now.

---------- Post added 12-25-13 at 05:29 AM ---------- Previous post was 12-24-13 at 02:42 PM ----------

I have a problem. I docked the hangar to an Arrow Freighter port. Then I attempted to dock the FH in the hangar and it won't dock? I lowered the landing gear like it says and I position the gear on the clamps but they don't lock on?
Nevermind. I had the Arrow Docked to the clamps area on the Hangar and that's why I couldn't dock the FH! lol So I just redocked the Arrow to the Hangar the right way, meaning, making sure the right ports are connected! lol

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 AM ----------

I would like to mention that now that I got the Firehawk hangar docked to the Arrow on port 2(the right way lol), with the Firehawk docked in the hangar, that I think its VERY cool! I've been doing this scenario with the Arrow and the XR2 in the docking bay and that's all up until now. Doing flights all over the Solar System. Now I'll have the XR2 and the F-224 both going forward! And this was my first rendezvous and docking with the F-224. And I enjoyed it. I like the way the ship looks and I also like the VC. And I like how the F-224 hangar looks on the Arrow also. So its all good. The F-224 will be another COOL option for doing my drops at diferent planets and moons, along with the XR2!

Last edited:

Topper

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Great ship!

But please, can someone let me know where I can get "Fly-by-wire 0.98"?

eddievhfan1984

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I dig this add-on so far, too, but an issue arises:

The aerodynamics. I use AeroBrakeMFD for planning my reentries and efficient flight in all regimes (i.e., best lift-to-drag ratio, coming in a few degrees below stall angle-of-attack on approach/landing, and so on); but I suffer the issue that the stall mechanics are very finicky. For example, I find that at takeoff, my stall AOA is around 12°, which is just fine. But when I get to higher altitudes, I find that flying at an AOA in excess of 1-1.5° kicks in some weird stall mechanic, and suddenly all my lift disappears (lift coefficient becomes 0.0), instead of tapering off past the stall point, which is the more accurate model. This makes for some very annoying bouncing in the flight path.

It also kicks in badly during approach; when I go to flare, the stall kicks in, and again, the lift completely disappears without tapering, and I drop into the runway beyond the vertical speed limit of the wheels, and *crashing noises*...

Having had some simulated experience as a pilot and aerospace engineering courses, this behavior doesn't really jibe well. No judgment, just rather disconcerting. :p

Last edited:

bluedragon

Reaction score
thanks for the hint, eddievhfan1984, just didn't know that. Added the issue to my to-do-list. Hope to get it fixed with the next update.

burritolikethesun

Reaction score
Rock 'n Roll

Power to weight ratio is awesome, flies like a fighter and blows up when it's supposed to.

When it goes fast and costs nothing I'll always say hell yes!!

TracyBee

Reaction score
The consumtion rate is too high and fuel load too low. I can't get 40k high at a distance of 200k from ksc without running out of fuel. Am I doing something wrong? Please help.

TracyBee

Reaction score
Never mind. i found out I didn't have the reactor on. Lol. But with that out of the way, I still have another question. Where can I find the dock for the firehawk in the Scenario Editor? I'm not sure where it is and it isn't spawned in any of the scenarios. I would just like to know. Thank you in advance.

ct92404

Reaction score
I just downloaded this tonight. Beautiful spacecraft! The details are amazing, and I really love the virtual cockpit. Great work!

CptnW

Reaction score
I can only hope this is'nt your last addon. Truly awesome!

pinho

Reaction score
HI, Can enypne tell me where can i find the hangar? Been searching in scen editior can't find it :/ .
BTW Love this spaceship :) ,thanks Bluedragon.