Full mission and systems

SkylabI

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Thanks again for the help in getting SSU to run. Another friend of mine helped me get the latest stuff through SVN and I'm trying to learn the system.

My question is basically, how much of SSU is working at this point? In other words, is it possible to complete actual missions with it? The documentation I've read says the DAP is not able to do re-entry. Do you have enough control over the systems to do it manually? Is there a way to do it manually without the DAP?

Also, the GPC computer, does it work at all? I've found myself trying to follow the checklist and I'll hit something like OPS 105 PRO and I see OPS 105 PRO come up on the MFD screen but it just sits there and nothing happens.

Thanks!

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
It still needs a lot of work there, but AFAIR OPS 105 "OMS 2 MNVR" should be working with limitations (still no I-Loaded/initially loaded data)

SiameseCat

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
If you're going from MM 104 to MM 105, you won't see anything change, except the top label (OMS 1 MNVR to OMS 2 MNVR). Like Urwumpe said, there isn't any initial data, so you need to enter the TIG and DeltaV values, and execute the burn.

In general (except for MMs 101-103), the main displays for all of the major modes are implemented, along with a few of the SPEC displays (SPEC 20 and a partial implementation of SPEC 34 and SPEC 50). The different displays are documented in the DPS dictionary

If you have the latest version of the modules, the entry DAP should be working; you will have to fly the shuttle manually below Mach 2.5 (the HUD guidance is working, so you can just follow the HUD guidance diamond). If you want, you can fly the entire entry manually.

Last edited:

SkylabI

Reaction score
Oh that's a fantastic resource. From where can I get more documents like that?

victor

Reaction score
Guys, I don't get it...

I can't figure out how to enter into the Major Mode... SiameseCat says, the MMs are implementet, not all active functional however... But it should show me something, isn't it?

Well, i did download the newest Modules (1295), installed on a plain installation (with sound, Vinka's DLLs, VandenbergAFB).

But then, the odyssey begins... I put in e.g. [OPS] 101 [PRO], nothing happens. Or [OPS] 104 [PRO] for OMS1... nothing... It's just on the screen of the CRT... I press on [EXEC], nothing... Clear, put in again... and so on... nothing happens... What am I doing wrong?? :beathead:

The thing is, when i get into orbit, it doesn't makes the OMS1/2 burns, so i get back. Yes, it hasn't data yet, but I could tip in and load. But i can't, if i not even get in the MM... aaaarrrrggghhhhh

Thnx for the help...
Vic

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Guys, I don't get it...

I can't figure out how to enter into the Major Mode... SiameseCat says, the MMs are implementet, not all active functional however... But it should show me something, isn't it?

Well, i did download the newest Modules (1295), installed on a plain installation (with sound, Vinka's DLLs, VandenbergAFB).

But then, the odyssey begins... I put in e.g. [OPS] 101 [PRO], nothing happens. Or [OPS] 104 [PRO] for OMS1... nothing... It's just on the screen of the CRT... I press on [EXEC], nothing... Clear, put in again... and so on... nothing happens... What am I doing wrong?? :beathead:

The thing is, when i get into orbit, it doesn't makes the OMS1/2 burns, so i get back. Yes, it hasn't data yet, but I could tip in and load. But i can't, if i not even get in the MM... aaaarrrrggghhhhh

Thnx for the help...
Vic
Are you doing this with CRTMFD loaded on CRT1?

SiameseCat

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
There are limits on what Major Modes you can change to from a particular MM. For example, MM 104 can only be entered from MM 103 (actually, you should automatically enter MM104 after ET sep).

Also, MMs 101-103 don't have working displays (but there is a working launch autopilot).

victor

Reaction score
hey, thank you guys for the answers.

Are you doing this with CRTMFD loaded on CRT1?

...yes...

There are limits on what Major Modes you can change to from a particular MM. For example, MM 104 can only be entered from MM 103 (actually, you should automatically enter MM104 after ET sep).

Also, MMs 101-103 don't have working displays (but there is a working launch autopilot).

ahh, now it has switched the flip... thanks siam!

i got it now... well, user fail...:facepalm: it works fine... now i have to get used to how to load the OMS correct before get back in atmosphere... or is it possible to setup on ground?? maybe i overlooked something...
and is the manual RCS and main engine implemented? i had read something somewhere it isn't yet. or has it to do with the 'Orbital DAP'-buttons?
well, it's a very challenging thing, this SSU... :lol:

something else: did you notice that the keyboards are crossed to the MFD? i mean, when i put in the right keyboard, it alters the left CRT and contrary..? well, it works, it's just a bit cumbersome... i did change the switches 1/3, 2/3 but it's not the point...

----

ah, nevermind about the OMS...

6 OMS Engines
The OMS Engines must be armed before they are fired. This is done by setting the appropriate OMS ENG switch on panel C3 to the ARM/PRESS position. After shutdown, the switch should then be moved back to the OFF position. The CRT MFD provides an autopilot for OMS firings similar to that used by the real shuttle. See the CRT MFD Manual for more information.

7 SSMEs
Like the OMS Engines, the SSMEs must be ‘armed’ before launch. See the Flight Checklists for detailed procedures. NOTE: In the T-9:00 scenario, the engines are already ‘armed’.

Last edited:

victor

Reaction score
hey folks...

i figured out how to enter the data in the CRT MFD...

the only thing i don't know is, which MM is the correct for the OMS1/2 burns... in checklist it uses the the 202... but isn't the 104 and 105 for them? well, i tried all 3, but noone makes a burn nor does the orbiter turn around... i do a data input like in the checklist, switch the OMS engines to ARM and when the timer reaches 0, nothing happens... :compbash:

can someone say what am i doing wrong?

Poscik

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
at TIG-15 seconds, EXEC start flashing on upper right corner of MFD. Just hit EXEC on keypad and should work. To shorten procedure: enter burn data, enter TIG, load targets (ITEM 22 EXEC), DAP to AUTO, maneuver to burn attitude (ITEM 27 EXEC). Then at TIG-15s hit EXEC on keypad to confirm the burn.

victor

Reaction score
YAY!!

thanks poscik! :tiphat:

it was the EXEC at TIG-15s... now i'm in beautiful orbit :hailprobe:

vic