Flight Question Getting Back To Earth From The Moon

Geirunni

Earth-Lunar Shuttle Pilot
Reaction score
Website
geirmund.org
This inquiry will probably make you guys roll your eyes at me, but I need help getting the DG back to Earth.

I am in lunar orbit. I made it to there just fine using the transfer MFD. I, for whatever reason, cannot find the right tool to calculate my burn back to Earth.

The transfer MFD only seems to work one way; it won't let me target Earth from the Moon. I guess I need to use another MFD tool....

I scanned through the main Orbiter and DeltaIV manuals, but nothing seemed to help. Searching the forums seem to indicate that I am the only one here that doesn't have the smarts to do this (being that I haven't seen any other members post a similar question).

Could someone please help me? Orbiting the Moon is interesting, but I would like to learn how to go back...............

Ripley

Tutorial translator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttovola.org

Wishbone

Clueless developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Lunar Transfer MFD is sooo beautiful, grab it ASAP from Jarmo Nik's page, and get ready for your TEI.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
You can also use TransX - [ame="http://vimeo.com/13319674"]TransX Tutorial - Moon to Earth on Vimeo[/ame]

Tommy

Reaction score
Searching the forums seem to indicate that I am the only one here that doesn't have the smarts to do this (being that I haven't seen any other members post a similar question).

Not at all. This question has been asked several times here. The problem is that it's not easy to figure out the right search keywords to find those threads. I used "TEI" (stands to Trans Earth Injection, not a term most newer pilots will know) and came up with this thread: http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=16607&highlight=TEI

You are certainly not alone in this - I remember having the same question once upon a time. It's not covered in any of the included (stock) docs, and TransferMFD is no help. TransX can do it, but it's not easy to learn (and is disabled by default, many won't know they have it)