Glad to be here

stanfitz

Reaction score
Just wanted to say I'm glad this is here. I just installed Orbiter and I'm a bit overwhelmed, but I'll keep reading the posts and think I'll figure things out.
75 years old, and a retired Forest Service Fireman. Flight Sims and Tennis are my two big interests.

I live in Reno, Nevada (but don't gamble)

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!
Don't sweat the learning curve, if you haven't already, check out the tutorials available here...http://www.orbiter-forum.com/tutorials.php

I think there is a huge majority of us who all cut our teeth with a copy of "Go Play In Space". It's well worth the download. While it was written with Orbiter '06 in mind, it's still relevant. The tools and techniques are unchanged.

Forest Service Fireman? Whew! :thumbup:

stevcast

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Welcome

Just wanted to say I'm glad this is here. I just installed Orbiter and I'm a bit overwhelmed, but I'll keep reading the posts and think I'll figure things out.
75 years old, and a retired Forest Service Fireman. Flight Sims and Tennis are my two big interests.

I live in Reno, Nevada (but don't gamble)

Hi stanfitz, and welcome!!! As long as you can imagine it, you can make it a possibility in Orbiter. The amazing thing is that it is free. One thing that I do highly reccommend is AMSO. For anybody that was around to see the Apollo landings, it brings back those feelings of pride that we all had in our space program, and it really makes you realize what a monumental achievement it really was. Don't be overwhelmed at all. Little by little you'll get the hang of it, and as phantomcruiser pointed out, there is a lot of help here, so just ask. Again, welcome to Orbiter.

stevcast

stanfitz

Reaction score
Guys, Thanks for the nice welcome. I just downloaded "Go Play in Space" so now I have some reading to do. Stevcast, I don't know what AMSO is,but I'll start looking around to see if I can figure it out.

----- Post added at 14:51 UTC ----- The previous post was at 14:29 UTC -----

stevcast,
I found the AMSO (looks like version 121) I downloaded it and will try and figure out how to get it installed. One question. It says it is for Orbiter 2010-P1. I don't know what the P1 stands for. Is that a different version of Orbiter than the one I just installed?

----- Post added at 15:36 UTC ----- The previous post was at 14:51 UTC -----

I installed the AMSO-121 and it doesn't work for me. All I get is messed up screens and messages saying Orbiter is not responding.
Now I guess I need to re-install Orbiter to get rid of AMSO.
Not fun so far.

tightjams

Reaction score
Don't be frightened by the learning curve :) seems like everyone here is here to help as well! I'm new as well!