Question Glideslope MFD

desertman

Reaction score
Does anybody know how to add bases and/or runways to Glideslope MFD?

Thanks

Ted

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
I had a look at this. you'll need to edit the source code and recompile with additional/new fields.

kwan3217

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
New and Improved Glideslope(TM)! Now reads your config files and identifies all the runways in the world. PB and NB buttons still page through runways (not bases, sorry, next release) but instead of just SLF and Vandenberg it is every runway. It loads up one surface base per second when starting up, so as to not lag the system by loading all runways in one time step.

Coming soon (by 2012, I hope. Probably on Tuesday...)

• A better, documented deorbit calculator
  • Adjustable entry profile (one for Shuttle, one for DeltaGlider, etc)
  • Adjustable HAC size and distance
  • Adjustable final approach glideslopes (not just 20deg and 1.5deg)

Remember, use Glideslope(TM) and all your entry problems are solved. Well, not really, but still.... Glideslope(TM) from the fine folks at St. Kwan's home for the Terminally ADD.

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
Looking forward to those three in particular. Those will be by config file also?

Peskie

Reaction score
New and Improved Glideslope(TM)! Now reads your config files and identifies all the runways in the world.

Awesome! :speakcool:

PB and NB buttons still page through runways (not bases, sorry, next release) but instead of just SLF and Vandenberg it is every runway.
Please add direct keyboard entry. There are a LOT of Earth bases in most Orbiter installations. A 'next'/'previous' button only makes sense when there are only a few bases. And since GlideslopeMFD is currently hard coded to Earth's atmosphere next/prev doesn't make much sense to me.

Personally I'd leave the deorbit calculator alone or remove it. Other MFDs already do this well (I'm thinking of IMFD and BaseSync in particular). All the other changes are awesome. Personally I'd like to see these items configurable per-vessel type, possibly with a way to provide per-base configuration also (e.g. one of Wideawake's runways is not for landing and of the other two only one is meant for space traffic; other bases may have other runway restrictions (not landable, glideslopes >= X, only left/right traffic, etc)).

Thanks! :cheers:

PS, small nit: In future can you not include dozens/hundreds of empty directories under Orbitersdk in Glideslope.zip

desertman

Reaction score
New and Improved Glideslope(TM)! Now reads your config files and identifies all the runways in the world. PB and NB buttons still page through runways (not bases, sorry, next release) but instead of just SLF and Vandenberg it is every runway. It loads up one surface base per second when starting up, so as to not lag the system by loading all runways in one time step.

Remember, use Glideslope(TM) and all your entry problems are solved. Well, not really, but still.... Glideslope(TM) from the fine folks at St. Kwan's home for the Terminally ADD.

FANTASTIC!

I cant wait till Tuesday..........