Goodbye 2023

STS

Reaction score
Website
orbisondas.es
Hello all,

I am writing these lines to wish you all a good, better and happy 2024. For me this 2023 has not been so good in my personal life. Although on the sim side the year has been great (performed three Apollo Real time simulations this year, including Apollo 11 wich touched me a little bit emotionally) it has been a very stressful year for me. It seems to me like the world pressed the T key this year. I had bad managed requests and tasks at work, and I am starting to develop a values conflict with my current work and I may need to change jobs sometime soon if things don´t get corrected (this 2024 will be the final call for it as I said it already in 2023).

For 2024 I hope that the world goes back to 1X time warp and that it´s a more relaxed year in general (work, national politics, global geopolitical situation [I can´t even watch the news nowadays while I have lunch or dinner, because I get mad]...)

"When you are out there in space, looking down, there is nothing wrong with the world. But when you are down here looking up... everything is different".

By the way, sometimes I do stare at the moon like Buzz is doing at that scene. :p

So with that said, again, Happy 2024!

Last edited:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I agree, 2023 is a year to skip in my memoirs. Actually, I achieved nothing I wanted to achieve, achieved a lot I actually not wanted to achieve in my life and learned more about me than I wanted to know.

Matias Saibene

Development hell
Reaction score
Website
de-todo-un-poco-computacion-e-ideas.blogspot.com.ar
Well, for me 2023 is the year I made contact... with programming add-ons for Orbiter.
I will briefly tell what happened to me, I promise not to dwell on it or fall into the Rabbit Hole.

I have been struggling with poor health for approximately 10 years. It wasn't until 2022 that I found a good doctor, and in 2023 my soul and my faculties took off like a rocket when I learned about programming. Since 2011 when I discovered Orbiter I wanted to make my own add-ons but I never could (SketchUp incompatibility, lack of knowledge and then my poor health during adolescence). However, against all odds, in 2023 I managed to create my first humble add-on (Luna3) and then I started several projects at the same time that make me very happy and are my dose of enthusiasm for everyday life.
What I am most grateful for in 2023 is the Orbiter community's help with my incessant beginner questions. You have helped me overcome many obstacles that would have been impossible without you. Many thanks friends!

And that's why let's keep in mind that sometimes there are health conditions that are not seen because sometimes one is smiling while inside one is collapsing.
And if you are experiencing a mental health condition that afflicts you, don't lose hope: there are still good doctors out there and remember that asking for help is not a bad thing, quite the opposite is the best thing to do. It is also important to have a hobby that inspires you and real friends who help you (both virtual and real).

Greetings friends and have a very happy 2024, with lots of health and peace.

STS

Reaction score
Website
orbisondas.es
Well, for me 2023 is the year I made contact... with programming add-ons for Orbiter.
I will briefly tell what happened to me, I promise not to dwell on it or fall into the Rabbit Hole.

I have been struggling with poor health for approximately 10 years. It wasn't until 2022 that I found a good doctor, and in 2023 my soul and my faculties took off like a rocket when I learned about programming. Since 2011 when I discovered Orbiter I wanted to make my own add-ons but I never could (SketchUp incompatibility, lack of knowledge and then my poor health during adolescence). However, against all odds, in 2023 I managed to create my first humble add-on (Luna3) and then I started several projects at the same time that make me very happy and are my dose of enthusiasm for everyday life.
What I am most grateful for in 2023 is the Orbiter community's help with my incessant beginner questions. You have helped me overcome many obstacles that would have been impossible without you. Many thanks friends!

And that's why let's keep in mind that sometimes there are health conditions that are not seen because sometimes one is smiling while inside one is collapsing.
And if you are experiencing a mental health condition that afflicts you, don't lose hope: there are still good doctors out there and remember that asking for help is not a bad thing, quite the opposite is the best thing to do. It is also important to have a hobby that inspires you and real friends who help you (both virtual and real).

Greetings friends and have a very happy 2024, with lots of health and peace.
Oh sorry to read that. Glad that you are better now!

Best regards,

TheShuttleExperience

Reaction score
Thanks STS ✌️🍻🥳

For me personally it was a good year. I changed my employer, so I reduced my trip to work from 32 km down to 1 km (one-way), which reduces my costs for gasoline (and other operating costs for my car) significantly and "increases" my lifetime (+ more basic salary). I got more experience in my job (including a heavy accident but luckily only with material damage). Additionally I got exactly the kind of apartment I always dreamed about in terms of location, neighbourhoid and room layout (including an extra room only for two flight simulator setups and gaming corner). I'm not going to leave my new apartment alive 😅

Was there anything bad this year? 🤔 Mhhh, no, except the news from around the globe 🤷‍♂️