Greetings

Rob

STS-133 Lagacy of Discovery
Reaction score
Hi all.

Looking forward to using and upgrading my copy of the Orbiter sim and putting on all the addons possible. I'm a major Space Shuttle follower and looking forward to the STS-133 launch of Discovery, although it will also be a sad affair being it's last flight.

I'm a keen modeller also and I am about to start building a large diorama of the Shuttle Discovery sitting on the Launch Complex 39 that will be fully lit up and enclosed in a display case. At 1/144 scale, it will tower up to just over 36" and be around 2ft x 4ft in length. I'll post a link to the site where I'll be uploading work in progress pictures of the build, so keep an eye out.

Anyway, time to launch the sim. Looking forward to chatting to you all and discussing upgrades.

Rob :thumbup:

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
:welcome: to Orbiter-Forum Rob!

I have 1:144 scale Discovery w/ ET & SRBs on Crawler / MLP, I planned to illuminate as well (I even bought a bunch of very bright SMD LEDs that would imitate stadium lights), however I never managed to finish that. Though it would be without a pad / tower or display case, but it would simply stand illuminated on a crawler on a shelf.

Good luck with your project. :thumbup:

Rob

Reaction score
Thanks for the luck sending. I'm gonna need it cause this is the most complicated scratch build I will have ever attempted.

I have the Shuttle, SRB's, ET's and Crawler Pad also and the LEDS to. I'm just starting the base of the whole pad where the Crawler sits above with the trust channel deflectors and that alone is 8" deep.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Hi Rob, welcome to the community! :welcome:

Rob

Reaction score
Hi Tex and thanks. :tiphat:

Having trouble getting the Sim running as just installed it. Think I've figured it out now though.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
:welcome: to Orbiter-Forum!

There's a 'Thanks' button in every post, to spare you of responding to everyone. :tiphat:

fireballs619

Occam's Taser
Donator
Reaction score
:welcome: to Orbiter-Forum!

There's a 'Thanks' button in every post, to spare you of responding to everyone. :tiphat:

The real way Izack gets his post count up... he never thanks!:lol:

:welcome: to the forum!