Hello from New Mexico

davidmosley

Reaction score
Hi
My name is David Mosley and I live in New Mexico.
I have been a long time fan of orbetor,sense 2006 when he 1 put up the 2006 edition lol.
I am 48 years old
I am still in chicken mode lol
My fav plane is the ravenstar and the org delta
I made it to the moon once,but i put it down the software and now i have to relearn how to get there agian i am trying to use the interplant MFD
But have had no luck yet just can not get the numbers right.

Well that is all for now
BTW: does anyone know if the base orbetor program is going to be updated or is it just dead now,it is still 2006 edtion.Thanks
David Mosley

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Greetings! I've been Orbiting for about a year now, and have found that there is a wealth of information here on the forum. I'm learning Interplanetary MFD myself, so I can't offer much help there, but there is this... http://www.orbithangar.com/search_quick.php?text=imfd
This is what I'm using to learn, another Orbitnaut here on the forum made it.
As far as updates go, there is a 2009 beta, release date is undetermined, but it'll probably be on a tuesday (running gag).
Happy Orbiting!

Jarvitä

Reaction score
Orbiter 2009 (aka Orbiter: Tuesday edition) is still very much under active development, see the beta forum.

By the way, since you appear to have trouble with spelling, I'd highly recommend you use a browser with a built-in spell checker, such as Firefox. It helps people understand you, and helps you learn the proper spelling as well.

Welcome to the forum!

BenSisko

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Greetings & Welcome! I used to live in Albuquerque's North Valley ~25 years ago and have a son at UNM. Spent ~ three weeks knocking around New Mexico this summer. We're quite fond of the "Land of Enchantment". Been an Orbiteer since 2002. Orbiter is alive & well. The forum is the voice and community members are the lifes-blood. The next upgrade is a work in progress. Don't expect a roll out date. It'll be ready when it's ready. Check the gallery page at http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/orbit.html for some future screenshots. Check out the tutorials. Print out the manual (that worked for me, I still print out each new version).

Once again, welcome!

Ben

StableIT

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Hello hello!

I'm 32 California USA. I've been Orbiting for about 7/8 years.

This project is not dead at all, its just not a rapid deployment of minor fixes like lots of the industry (thanks to the developers!).

The community is much larger than one may expect and its far more serious as well as devoted than nearly any video game would expect to be. I suppose you can say that what I've loved most about this experience is that its based on real information, not developed to sell and wow you. Its far more on the end of 'gain an experience of depth'.

bah, I'm ranting my raves at this point and prolly sound like a troll...

Eric :p

Last edited: