HELLO THERE !! :)

Combat squirrel

Reaction score
Hi all !

New to orbiter, but of course an absolute space nut for 25 years ! :hello:

I origonally found KSP and thought it was the best thing since sliced bread, and THEN I discovered this :tiphat: :hailprobe:

CANNOT wait to get the hang of this, I am downloading all the listed essential add ons now.

Out of curiosity is there anywhere one giant massive torrent or something with a version of orbiter + all and every awesome add on to make it as awesome as possible?

Very curious if so! :)

Thanks

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Greeting Combat Squirrel, and welcome to the forum!

Awesomeness is in the eye of the beholder, or in this case, Orbinaut. Some guys here like ultra realism, some like 50's and 60's dreams of the future, and there a whole cornucopia (I love that word) of add-ons in between.

So for one giant size mega-torrent for download. If there is, I don't know of one. Not to worry though, there plenty of stuff to customize your Orbiter installation, many of us have several installs depending on the mood were might be in (Space 1999, World of 2001, Station building, AMSO, NASSP, etc.).

I would recommend though that you use some sort of mod enabler (I use JSGME myself). It can really help you keep track of what you've got going, and when something screws up, you can troubleshoot much quicker.

If you haven't already, you may want to take a look at our tutorails page here ---http://www.orbiter-forum.com/tutorials.php

Many of us cut our teeth with "Go Play In Space" After 4 years of Orbiter I still find myself referencing it every now and again. It'll also help with some of the language and terminology of spaceflight, so that when you have a question, knowing how to ask it will garner better answers. Primarily because we have a better understanding of what you are asking.

Ciao for now, and Happy Orbiting!

Last edited:

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Hello Combat squirrel.

Nice to have another orbinaut here :D

Rtyh-12

Reaction score
Hello and :welcome: to the forums!

If you're looking for add-ons, search on Orbithangar. And to get an idea about the most popular add-ons, we have a recommended add-ons page on the forum. And of course, if you see us getting excited about some add-on, check it out ;)!

Happy orbiting!

indonesianorbinaut

Reaction score
:welcome: to O-F, Combat squirrel! check out some add-ons and tutorials in this forum and Orbithangar.com ;)
Happy Orbiting! :tiphat:

Combat squirrel

Reaction score
What a friendly bunch :cheers: :tiphat:

Hi all, cool thanks for the links, I have saved the pages :thumbup:

Reading through the game manual now while im at work :rofl: I mean reading important work related documents ! :lol:

Very interesting points about different installs people have, makes more sense than me about to install everything I could! lol

Yeah id defo see me in 4 different game moods, Apollo era, Shuttle era, near future and just crazy scifi stuff now and then.

I have a thrustmaster top range joystick and throttle, is this useful for this game (space shuttle id imagine for sure) - any good plug ins/setup configs for this.

My long term fun plan would be fly all the shuttle flights to build the ISS and do all the Apollo missions.

*died and gone to nerd heaven.

Thanks guys! :)

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hi ! Welcome to the forum !
Your joystick is a bit too "complex" for Orbiter. So I recommand you the [ame=http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3223]Fly By Wire[/ame] mod witch allow you to configure your joystick with more features.

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Welcome to the forum! Nice to see such enthusiasm from a new member.

Ripley

Tutorial translator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttovola.org
:welcome:

Concerning joystick: although I have a TM Cougar and a Simped rudder, I barely use them.
Orbiter is much more keyboard-oriented.

Geirunni

Earth-Lunar Shuttle Pilot
Reaction score
Website
geirmund.org
Welcome to the forums! I use a combination of a Cyber X flightstick as well as my keyboard. Whatever floats your boat (or spacecraft) doesn't matter. have fun!