Mr Martian

Orbinaut/Addon dev/Donator
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
Hi all,

I am trying to build the ShuttleA provided in the Orbiter SDK sampels. The solution is building without errors, but I am not getting any .dll generated, instead only a .exp and .lib. Would anyone know what I might be doing wrong? I have actually never attempted to build anything in the SDK's samples othjer than the ShuttlePB, so it's my first time having a go. I have also never made any project with more than one .cpp file in the source, so not sure if I am missing something there either.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, just trying to get my head around this!

Thanks all,

MrMartian

Blake

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Are you looking in the Orbiter\Modules for the output .DLL file? That is were the build setup will generally put it for the SDK samples.

Mr Martian

Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
Are you looking in the Orbiter\Modules for the output .DLL file? That is were the build setup will generally put it for the SDK samples.
Thanks Blake for the response. I actually set the output directory to a subfolder withon Orbiter's Modules directory. I did remove the original ShuttleA.dll just to check but nothing.

Blake

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
There is nothing in the Output window indicating were it wrote the DLL file? Or why it failed to write that given the build worked?

Mr Martian

Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
There is nothing in the Output window indicating were it wrote the DLL file? Or why it failed to write that given the build worked?
Well I feel a bit silly. I didn't change the output file in the linker section. I've done that now and my dll is there, but it doesn't seem to work. It's as if it's a 'blank' vessel. Orbiter doesn't crash but seems the module doesn't contain any info, if that makes sense.