Help Sync Orbit with ISS

startrekmaniac

Reaction score
Okay I was looking at a tutorial. The ISS Rad was 6.729 meters. I burned retrograde at apoapsis and lowered my Ped or my Per to 6.729. Did I get it right? I don't know why it says Per instead of Ped. Is that going to be a problem?

James.Denholm

Addon ponderer
Reaction score
Ah! You need to click on the "DST" button. That should change the values to PeD, which means the distance above the Earth's surface, instead of PeR, which is the distance above the Earth's core (ie the Radius of your orbit, which is where the R comes from). :speakcool:

And just an FYI, that's not meters. That's kilometers (kM). I'd be a little bit worried if the ISS was at an orbit of 7 meters above the earth's surface, let alone 7 meters above the earth's core. :)

clive bradbury

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Yes , you are good to go. If you are unsure take a look at my 'soyuz to ISS' tutorial on OH for how to acheive a good RV.

startrekmaniac

Reaction score
Im looking for some tutorials that will help me dock at the ISS. Well im looking for a certain one. Its not linked here and its not on orbiter hanger. So post any links that you know of. Thanks!!!!!!!!!

-----Posted Added-----

Never mind I found what I was looking for. But I do have another question im trying to sync my orbit. Im trying to lower my apoapsis when I burn retrograde at perapsis it lowers. When I tried burning at apoapsis my perapsis lowered. Whats the deal????

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
If you burn retrograde you always lower the oposite point.
So burning retro at apo lowers your per. No problem there...

Wedge

Reaction score
Well....nothing,it's just a fact, burning at apoapsis affects periapsis, and vice versa it's physical, everything you do will affect to opposite side of the orbit (except for non prograde/retrograde burns).
You'll just have to deal with it...

itchythemouse

Reaction score
you may be confuzzing the apoapsis and periapsis
when you burn retrograde at the periapsis and the apoapsis gets lower than the periapsis then the two switch

The Aviator

Reaction score
If you lowered your PeD to catch the ISS orbit, then, you'll have this common point, right? You will reach the ISS in that point, so, wait untill you are there, then when you are on that point look at the "DTmin" row in your Sync MFD: there is a number that you have to decrease to zero. Try to burn prograde: if the number decrease, you can continue, it the number increase you have to burn retrograde taking care to don't lowere your apoapsis below the upper limit of the atmosphere or you WILL BURN! Eventually, when you reach the zero value, cut off the engine, look at the numbers rows in the right of the MFD, there is a yellow row of numbers. These are the times relatives to you and the ISS for when you will rendezvous. If the "0" row is highlighted you will catch the station in the orbit you are in, if the second row is highlighted you will catch it in the next orbit, third row two orbits etc. etc. At the end, if you do all perfect, you will see the ISS in front of you! Good luck! ;)