Project Hius Interstellar craft for 2010P1 development

mc_

Reaction score
just can't understand why they should move? IMHO thrust position itself is enough - there is not much difference between these two positions to add huge moveable stuff there.

Or, maybe, i just don't understand the idea?
//если мой английский слишком сильно хромает, можно и по-русски объяснить ;)

What we need is a simple, complex vessel that is fun to fly, not boring to manage.
+1 here. Big vessel with several landers, crew and so on is already complex enough.

Last edited:

Wishbone

Clueless developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Would agree with mc_ that double thrust controller, without some programmatic or hardware "bracket", is too error prone. A single wrong mouse movement and the ship is kissing the crew goodbye. In words of Zhvanetsky "одно неверное движение - и вы отец" (one awkward movement and you're a father).

BTW think I know how to make Hius enjoyable for more folks - allow players to assemble it in LEO. This promises 10, 20, maybe 50 missions, and lots of roboarm waving...

atomicdryad

Fracking toaster
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Details please? Just undocks, and nothing happens? What if you move the habs with a docked vessels?
UMMU ships simply undock, that is all. The habs were not moving, I can test if you wish, or provide a scenario.
Isn't that a correct behaviour?
The airlock must be vented to be opened, which means transferring from a docked ship as well.

Carmen A

redneck kitten with pillow :3
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
v149th.yolasite.com
Hius is simply epic - since I recently mastered flying from Earth to Moon with speeds in excess of 700km/s I shall progress to the Hius in multiplayer :D

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
just can't understand why they should move? IMHO thrust position itself is enough - there is not much difference between these two positions to add huge moveable stuff there.
Дык удобно же - от радиции защищат магнитное поле, а на крейсерской скорости тяговой тяжести почти нет. Надо вращаться. Чтоб не делать двойной пол, легче повернуть весь модуль.

А механика не нужна - отцепил, дал газу, модули поплыли в нужную сторону. Под конец тормознул, зацепил, и готово. Как дверь в маршрутке.

Would agree with mc_ that double thrust controller, without some programmatic or hardware "bracket", is too error prone. A single wrong mouse movement and the ship is kissing the crew goodbye.
On that i agree, but can't think of a non-fun-spoiling method to do it.

BTW think I know how to make Hius enjoyable for more folks - allow players to assemble it in LEO. This promises 10, 20, maybe 50 missions, and lots of roboarm waving...
50 missions to assemble a craft of this size? Think about the fallout from all these Orion drives...

The airlock must be vented to be opened, which means transferring from a docked ship as well.
Oh. That's wrong.

Hius is simply epic - since I recently mastered flying from Earth to Moon with speeds in excess of 700km/s
Ah. A microscope is heavy and bulky. Therefore, one can drive nails with it. What else to use it for anyway?

atomicdryad

Fracking toaster
Addon Developer
Reaction score
On that i agree, but can't think of a non-fun-spoiling method to do it.
SetAttitudeMode if the time acceleration is past 100?
Oh. That's wrong.
Or an attempt to keep (insert paranoia inducing aliens) out of the ship. >.>
Ah. A microscope is heavy and bulky. Therefore, one can drive nails with it. What else to use it for anyway?
In this case, lobbing RKKVs. :-O

mc_

Reaction score
Дык удобно же - от радиции защищат магнитное поле, а на крейсерской скорости тяговой тяжести почти нет. Надо вращаться. Чтоб не делать двойной пол, легче повернуть весь модуль.

А механика не нужна - отцепил, дал газу, модули поплыли в нужную сторону. Под конец тормознул, зацепил, и готово. Как дверь в маршрутке.
А почему бы не вращать его на одном месте? ;) Рычаг-то неслабый получается, плюс модуль прилично весит.
А то бы вся нагрузка пошла на мотораму одного из двигателей, которая уже достаточно прочная сама по себе.
Поле будет нормально защищать от радиации в обеих позициях, не такая уж между ними и большая разница, учитывая габариты поля.

В общем, "ничего не понимаю" (с).

Last edited:

ATymeson

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I have recently rediscovered this old gem and with the updates you added to it I have fell in love with it again. I think I may have found a little way to boost the good ship ISV Hius-Interra to higher speeds than the nominal limit of
0.70c. Once the ship got to that velocity, I found that bringing the scoop power down decreases the drag and allows me to push the ship to a maximum of 299.5 Mm/s. Tau Zero anyone?

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
I think I may have found a little way to boost the good ship ISV Hius-Interra to higher speeds than the nominal limit of
0.70c. Once the ship got to that velocity, I found that bringing the scoop power down decreases the drag and allows me to push the ship to a maximum of 299.5 Mm/s. Tau Zero anyone?
Nice trick. Not sure if it's to be called a bug or a feature.

On the status of Hius project, the thing is currently getting an overhaul for Spaceway, so an Orbiter version update is also quite likely within the next few months.

laukejas

Reaction score
Bug notice:

With following manual to accelerate (reducing scope power) I reached final velocity of 528.668Mm/s, that's way above lightspeed. Strange thing is that Flow Angle shows 90 degrees, although I'm surely prograde. When I was approaching that 210Mm/s speed limit, acceleration suddenly jumped to 2Gs, and then decreased for a while, and then jumped again at some speed (don't remember) when finally it stopped at 528.668Mm/s.
And also, fps aren't too good (20 on my Dell Studio 1555).
Keep up the good work!

And sorry for reviving old thread, but this is a must.

vinny5000

Reaction score
Hi, guys!

I really like the Hius interstellar spacecraft! I hope to see an update for the Hius interstellar spacecraft very soon! Please keep up the excellent work! Thanks!

Cheers,
Vincent

vinny5000

Reaction score
Hi, Artlav!

Thanks for the link! It's very interesting! Hius interstellar spacecraft is looking good! Please keep up the excellent work! Thanks!

Cheers,
Vincent

---------- Post added 01-16-13 at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was 01-15-13 at 08:17 PM ----------

Hi, Artlav!

I'm not 100% sure, how do I refuel the Hius interstellar spacecraft? The ram scoop on the Hius interstellar spacecraft gives the Hius interstellar spacecraft more fuel when moving fast enough, right? Thanks!

Cheers,
Vincent

---------- Post added 01-17-13 at 04:01 AM ---------- Previous post was 01-16-13 at 10:30 AM ----------

Hi, guys!

Is anybody there? I haven't got the answer yet about how to refuel the Hius interstellar spacecraft. Thanks!

Cheers,
Vincent