Howdy

preacherzero

Reaction score
What's up.
I found Orbiter after playing countless space "sim" mmo online games, after a loooong time I realised that what I wanted was pure untainted real space flight without all the crazy laser fights, kids, crowded servers, competition and all the other headaches that come with mmos, I just wanted to fly.. in peace.

So I found it and after chasing down some add-ons I found the forums... just finished a low orbit with the delta glider and I'm feeling pretty good (it only took around five tries to get her into orbit lol).:)

Going to try for a fly by of the ISS now, cya later!

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome !!

Foofoo14

Reaction score
Welcome aboard. I shall see to it that Titanis will not destroy you.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!
I felt really pleased with myself the first time I made it to orbit (and stayed there). I quickly realised that getting to space is pretty easy, establishing an orbit, not all that easy for a beginner. Have you tried it yet in the Shuttle-A? That can take a little practice. Don't forget to try the DGIV (mark 2) and the XR series. You should be addicted in just a short while.
Happy Orbiting!

preacherzero

Reaction score
Thank you for the welcomes :)
I got the DGIV mark 2 but that ship seems pretty advanced... I also killed all my crew first time I took it out :D
So I'm sticking to the old regular DG until I get some better skills, I tried the Shuttle-A too but that thing is a beast!
My goal is a perfect launch to orbit, rendezvous and dock with ISS, refuel, then on to the moon all within one scenario, I'm using Tex's DG to ISS tutorial vid and the Go Play in Space guide to learn my basic skills.

Now I've used Orbiter a few times I stand in awe of you guys who have done interplanetery missions, now I see the scale of the task.
Orbiter really makes you appreciate how amazing (and dangerous) human space flight really is.

Ok, less typing more flying, cya!