Vessel I have an idea for a new add-on (XR2 - DGIV)

birdmanmike

Reaction score
heck, now it's gone into not responding and main engines on - me no touch, back to last save - and now it's CTD'd on time acceleration

Last edited:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I see, this is going to be a tougher problem, because you did not have Archibald Tuttle as your mechanic. ;)

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
1) Take off when the ISS's ground track is over your base, but the ISS is still behind you.

2) After you reach orbit, circularize and do your alignment burn.

3) Pull up Synch Orbit MFD. Set MOD to "Sh Periapsis". Then point prograde and burn until DT Min is at 0. The point at which you do this is your reference point. You may end up with a large orbit. Don't worry, this is normal. I usually have ApA of around 1,400 km.

4) Watch the Sh ToR on that list of numbers. Each time it reaches 0, point prograde and use your thrusters to fine-tune DT Min back to 0.

5) When the top number in the list turns yellow, you are almost there. Start getting your radios tuned to the station. When it reaches 0, you should be well within visual range of the ISS (be careful not to crash into it!). At that point, turn RETROGRADE and burn until you have a circular orbit again.

6) Rendezvous complete. From here, you should be able to initiate docking procedures and slide right in:)

birdmanmike

Reaction score
:confused::headbang:I get to orbit, align/circularise, pretty much exact with ISS but - I'm at 2100m ApA before I get to DTmin of 32.49 using Sh periapsis, and I'm 68 degrees behind the ISS

. . . and then with 5k seconds to go on orbit 0, it CTD's again :confused::headbang::compbash2::compbash2:

Last edited:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
:confused::headbang:I get to orbit, align/circularise, pretty much exact with ISS but - I'm at 2100m ApA before I get to DTmin of 32.49 using Sh periapsis, and I'm 68 degrees behind the ISS

. . . and then with 5k seconds to go on orbit 0, it CTD's again :confused::headbang::compbash2::compbash2:

Are you using any add-ons aside of the DG-IV?

birdmanmike

Reaction score
no other spacecraft, beta with D3D9 as using 2560 x 1440 as main monitor, have had crashes when using time speeded up too much, but this last happened when I accidentally hit the radio/mp3 select button "Orbiter has stopped working" am running an overclock if that might do it, but suspect something corrupting and need to reboot when there is a crash , rather than just relaunch
Going to try launching a bit earlier - and . . .

see edit hitting the radio/mp3 instead of the com/nav :facepalm:

Last edited:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
no other spacecraft, beta with D3D9 as using 2560 x 1440 as main monitor, have had crashes when using time speeded up too much, but this last happened when I accidentally hit the radio/mp3 select button "Orbiter has stopped working" am running an overclock if that might do it, but suspect something corrupting and need to reboot when there is a crash , rather than just relaunch
Going to try launching a bit earlier - and . . .

see edit hitting the radio/mp3 instead of the com/nav :facepalm:

No beta then. Use the stable version.

birdmanmike

Reaction score
Quick update, managed to sort some things, not CTD'ing at moment in the beta (seems mainly when excessive time warp used. Currently about 12K off the ISS and have it viz. (sometimes), just can't kill relative velocity properly - pointing to (cross on circle) velocity marker, as per the manual and giving main engine makes RVel worse, pointing at dot in circle can get it down but stopping giving gas theRVel keeps moving. Going to go back and do some more reading on the principles - and also run similar attempt using 2010 version with the older DG. Primarily it looks like I have a problem in Rvel and vectors. Thanks for all the help from all - I'll RTFM a bit more and post in right place if further probs. Sorry to OP for hi-jack

Mike

birdmanmike

Reaction score
sure is - and one mfd, both slaved to iss Relv about 60, just can't get it to 0 or near 0 using either of the + or - markers and any serious delta v messes up the orbit of course