IFP Project: Interplanetary Flight Planner

jarmonik

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Any news about this?
There was a minor set back with the cflight predictor. It was not as ready as I thought it was. So I had to re-program some parts from it and it's OK now. Haven't had much time to work with the project during the summer. But I hope to get this project going again.

to be

Reaction score
There was a minor set back with the cflight predictor. It was not as ready as I thought it was. So I had to re-program some parts from it and it's OK now. Haven't had much time to work with the project during the summer. But I hope to get this project going again.

Cool, thanks for the update

jarmonik

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Hate to bring this topic back up but I was wondering if there was any new news?

There is not much news about this. It looks like I have too many projects going on at the same time. There has been more progress with the LunarTransferMFD that is currently being alpha tested with the Apollo developprs. It is using the same celestial mechanics toolkit and multibody predictor (CFlight) that is being used with this project as well. So, progress among with the LTMFD project will also do some good for this project.

I may need to re-think about the place of this project. I suppose some kind of general purpose astrodynamics workbench/workshop might be better idea rather than focusing only into a flight planning.

Making the graphics engine was an easy part unfortunately the tricky part is still ahead.