Flight Question IMFD Moon orbit to Earth question

CLEAN

Reaction score
Good afternoon all. I'm getting back into Orbiter, and brand new to IMFD. Have read the manual, but don't see any explanation for how to actually set up what I'm trying to do. I've watched David Courtneys videos on the Moon to the Earth, but they set it up from the lunar surface, and I'm trying to start from scratch from lunar orbit, Apollo style. I believe they had it set up w/ the base approach program, but when I load it, it says "No data available for Base Approach", so I'm guessing I'm missing a step for a clean set-up in lunar orbit.

Could someone please explain how to get an initial solution from lunar orbit to a direct re-entry to Earth, preferably to a known surface base. Which program should I be using to leave lunar orbit, etc. Thanks all.

-CLEAN

Buck Rogers

Major Spacecadet
Reaction score
I think Planet Aprroach is the program your looking for, otherwise LunarTransferMFD is very useful and easier to setup.

CLEAN

Reaction score
Ok thanks. I've downloaded LunarTransferMFD, but haven't installed it yet. Will try Planet Approach, and if that doesnt work, the LTMFD. Thanks

Buck Rogers

Major Spacecadet
Reaction score
This an excellent tutorial from Tommy and Mark316, IMFD-Direct Lunar Return-Tutorial 4, it even came with a playback .scn, can't find any links for them! (there were at least 7), so here's the PDF.
Direct return inverted reentry is one of the most thrilling experiences I've had in Orbiter:) Good Luck!

Attachments

• IMFD-Direct Lunar Return-Tutorial 4.pdf
    731.8 KB · Views: 8