Installation Installing in the right order

tornadotodd

Storm Chaser
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Doodlebug is fine
It's been a long time until recently since I had to worry about this, but after my orbiter 2010 computer crash and lost everything, all my old shuttle fleets, versions, add ons, much has changed now that i am trying to get a great working 2010 again.. There is a lot I have forgotten and now I have a number of new installations but problems with certain add on. Some version I can get SSU working well but texture issues, others a lot of problems with the launch pads. and others pads are fine as long as I dont use the addon i like. I have noticed in one version, although not perfect I had to install everything in a certain order and a good bit works with it but my high res texture of KSC is patchy .. And the default atlantis just floats in the air or doesnt work. With the latest shuttle fleet I found on a forum to install payloads sts v2 I think, then rollout or something like that but it helped but still have issues with patchy base and default shuttle... Would someone please take the time to maybe give me the optimal list in order of installation so I can save my self weeks of trial and error.. And let me know if the shuttle fleet and SSU can be used in the same version without issues... I really want the best orbiter 2010 experience I can get again even if it has to be in multiple versions. Thanks guys sorry for the whole noob help me, help me, but I have for a couple weeks searched and read before posting. Thanks guys as always. So maybe if I can get a list of the best addons in the right order, and whats not compatible but can be used in another installation that would be great.

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
Try a Google search for JoneSoft Generic Mod Enabler. That is what I would recommend. If you follow the instructions properly, it lets you very quickly install and uninstall add-ons and also install them in any order that you choose. Then you can change the order or remove conflicting mods as necessary, only to quickly re-install the offender when you are ready to use it later. So you only need one install of Orbiter.

You can even set up "mod profiles" to install specific lists of add-ons that go well together. So for example, I have a profile for sci-fi style interplanetary, another separate profile for BrianJ's probes, another for all SpaceX stuff, another for Shuttle fleet stuff, and so on. I only have one installed at a time. It keeps your Orbiter install neat and clean. :cool:

And I certainly sympathise with wanting a great Orbiter 2010 install. I have been investing time and HD space in that version since 2011, and there have been some really great add-ons over the years.

Last edited: