Question Interplanetary MFD-"Cannot Display for this MJD" fluctuations.

Napalm42

Drell Admiral, Citadel Fleet
Donator
Reaction score
Hey everyone, recently I've started using IMFD for my transfers because I'm lazy and like autopilots. However, I notice that the MFD starts to fluxuate between a message of "Cannot display for this MJD" and the normal display. This totally screws up my transfers and sometimes my flights when the AP is stuck in forever on, anyone have any advice?

orbekler

Reaction score
Hey everyone, recently I've started using IMFD for my transfers because I'm lazy and like autopilots. However, I notice that the MFD starts to fluxuate between a message of "Cannot display for this MJD" and the normal display. This totally screws up my transfers and sometimes my flights when the AP is stuck in forever on, anyone have any advice?

IMFD Tangential transfer?
If this is the case, it should be a bug, AFAIK.

Napalm42

Donator
Reaction score
IMFD Tangential transfer?
If this is the case, it should be a bug, AFAIK.

Yeah, it's Tangential, I'm running 5.5, I don't know if that's got anything to do with it or not.

Tommy

Reaction score
What planets are you traveling between? This can occur if the planes are too far out of alignment, or in some cases because the date in question simply isn't anywhere close to a valid window.

I recommend using Target Intercept - especially if you want to use Autoburn. Tangential Transfer is OK for planning - but there's never any good reason to use it's Autoburn function (transfer burn should be made with Orbit Eject, and MCC's (including the plane change) should be made with Delta-V.

Napalm42

Donator
Reaction score
In this case, it's Earth-to-Moon.

Tommy

Reaction score
There is your problem. Tangential Transfer only works between two bodies that orbit the same reference - like from one planet to another. Not between a planet and it's moon.

To use IMFD for a moon trip, start with Surface Launch, and change the mode to "Lunar Off-Plane". Once in orbit, open Target Intercept, set the source to "x" (self), TGT Moon, and adjust the TIn to have about a 75 - 80 hour flight time.

However, I recommend Lunar Transfer MFD (also from Jarmonik) for trips between the Earth and the Moon.

Last edited: