General Question Invisible obstacle around Brighton Beach in Orb2016

Polibte mi prdel

Reaction score
Hi. Anytime, when I attempt to land on any pad at Brighton Beach with DG IV (after undock OB-01, deorbit, align with BB) in Orbiter 2016, I´ve got a CTD or "onboard computer failure" in DG itself. What am I doing? In a close distance (200m horizontally, 3000m vertic) setting NAV on pad 4, flying approx in 3000m with speed up to 10ms until I get right over the selected pad. Then I slow down to 0ms and start descending with gear down. And that "bug" always happens when I am in 2-2500m over pad. Looks like hitting some invisible obstacle, cause I am getting warnings like "gear malfunction" "crew wounded" etc. Anybody know, how to solve this bloody issue? Thanks in advance

Thunder Chicken

Fine Threads since 2008
Donator
Reaction score
Hi. Anytime, when I attempt to land on any pad at Brighton Beach with DG IV (after undock OB-01, deorbit, align with BB) in Orbiter 2016, I´ve got a CTD or "onboard computer failure" in DG itself. What am I doing? In a close distance (200m horizontally, 3000m vertic) setting NAV on pad 4, flying approx in 3000m with speed up to 10ms until I get right over the selected pad. Then I slow down to 0ms and start descending with gear down. And that "bug" always happens when I am in 2-2500m over pad. Looks like hitting some invisible obstacle, cause I am getting warnings like "gear malfunction" "crew wounded" etc. Anybody know, how to solve this bloody issue? Thanks in advance
Does it occur if you uncheck 'Damage and failure simulation' under Parameters?

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
The DGIV is not comparable with Orbiter 2016, only Orbiter 2010.

2010 didn't have terrain, so there are some no-longer-correct assumptions that the DGIV is making about the Orbiter universe when you use it in 2016.

Polibte mi prdel

Reaction score
Bloody hell. I thought that if DGIV worked for me in 2016 that is compatible . (Except for EVA) So I try it once more with default DG.

Polibte mi prdel

Reaction score
So yes, default DG worked for me. Thanks for tip. Any chance to upgrade DGIV to work in 2016 environment? :)

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
So yes, default DG worked for me. Thanks for tip. Any chance to upgrade DGIV to work in 2016 environment? :)
No. DanSteph (the author) is the only one with the original sorce code and he has not been around in years.