Bug Io Texture Disappeared After Installing Deepstar 2.1

Knohltorious

Reaction score
Not sure if this is a bug or user error. I just installed Deepstar 2.1 yesterday, and when approaching Io, I noticed it had no texture. Just a white ball. I checked Textures and its two TREE files were there. I also went and downloaded hi - res textures and replaced originals. That didn't help.

To be honest, I've not looked at Io in awhile, at least a few months. I'm just assuming Deepstar did it, since it apparently installs a landing point on the moon, so it did make a change to Io of some kind.

Anyone at all familiar with bodies losing textures? Thanks.

MaxBuzz

Reaction score
you may have made changes to the planet's .cfg Deepstar does not affect Io

80mileshigh

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
eightymileshigh.wordpress.com
Deepstar 2.1 uses a custom sol system, including a custom Io, located in Config\Deepstar2.1

When I made this, the only change to Io's cfg from the stock Io.cfg was to add the 'surface bases' section at the end, but it's possible the other parameters are now out of date or don't play nicely with dx9 etc.

Assuming you're using Orbiter 2016, you could try copying the stock Io.cfg parameters into the Config\Deepstar2.1\Io.cfg overwriting everything above the 'surface bases' line. Just use notepad or any text editor to do this.

This should eliminate the add-on as the source of your problem one way or another.

Also 2.1 is a dated add-on generally. I hope to release a much improved version before the end of the year.

Knohltorious

Reaction score
Deepstar 2.1 uses a custom sol system, including a custom Io, located in Config\Deepstar2.1

When I made this, the only change to Io's cfg from the stock Io.cfg was to add the 'surface bases' section at the end, but it's possible the other parameters are now out of date or don't play nicely with dx9 etc.

Assuming you're using Orbiter 2016, you could try copying the stock Io.cfg parameters into the Config\Deepstar2.1\Io.cfg overwriting everything above the 'surface bases' line. Just use notepad or any text editor to do this.

This should eliminate the add-on as the source of your problem one way or another.

Also 2.1 is a dated add-on generally. I hope to release a much improved version before the end of the year.
Thank you very much. I will try this. I was about to add that the issue only crops up when flying DS 2.1 when I saw your reply. All other vehicles don't have issue--Io looks fine with them.