Question Is it possible to modify the threshold for fuel and lox warnings of the XR vessels?

Marijn

Reaction score
Many times when I load a quicksave, the first thing I need to do is do hit the system reset to mute a warning. I plan on arriving with very low levels so this is expected but annoying.

I have been looking for a place to modify or even mute the threshold levels but I did not find it.

Is this possible?

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
There are two ways you could do it. if you want to disable all warning callouts, just set EnableWarningCallouts=0 in your $ORBITER_ROOT\Config\XR2RavenstarPrefs.cfg file:

Code:
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Enable or disable specific categories for voice callouts
#
# 0 = callouts for named category disabled
# 1 = callouts for named category enabled (default)
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
EnableAudioStatusGreeting=1
EnableVelocityCallouts=1
EnableAltitudeCallouts=1
EnableDockingDistanceCallouts=1
EnableInformationCallouts=1
EnableRCSStatusCallouts=1
EnableAFStatusCallouts=1
[COLOR="Red"]EnableWarningCallouts=0[/COLOR]

Alternatively, if you only want to disable specific warnings, just move or delete the corresponding warning callout wav file in your $ORBITER_ROOT\XRSound\Default folder.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Just a thought: Would it make sense to allow editing the warning thresholds during simtime and maybe save the settings in the scenario?

Like: When you plan to get low on fuel, you reduce the fuel warning threshold. After this flight, you simply refuel and also edit the fuel warning threshold to a higher level, because you plan to land on Mars the next time.

Marijn

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. In the meantime, I edited the calculations in my spreadsheet so the thresholds should never be reached. This means carrying around a few extra kg's of reserves limiting delta-v, but that is no problem. I actually like the idea now. I should complete the mission before any warning sounds.

Just a thought: Would it make sense to allow editing the warning thresholds during simtime and maybe save the settings in the scenario?

I'd say it makes some sense, because it would allow you to set the thresholds in relation to the mission.

But on the other hand, any warning system makes only sense to me when some sort of action can be undertaken to save the day in reaction to the warning. But that would require a more advanced system to identify errors in an earlier stage so you can consider the options. Although it would be nice, I think it's not really needed. You'll refer to a quicksave most of the times.